Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

Discus and support Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by D FTY, Apr 30, 2023.

1. D FTY
    D FTY Guest

Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some reason.

:)

D FTY, Apr 30, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

This issue is only happening on DayZ? or it is in the other games?

try to do a power cycle

Please proceed to do a power cycle to fix the issue

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Luckyeet Win User

Mouse and Keyboard high input delay

All console when using keyboard and mouse have delays, the best way to minimise it is to use a wired keyboard and mouse instead of a wireless one
  4. Puppy Fujo Win User

Unable to get keyboard and Mosue to work in game mode playing Fortnite

For the following to work you must make the menu selections using your keyboard. If you use the controller to make your menu selections to start the game you will be placed in a room for those with a controller and your keyboard/mouse will be non functional
    to make it fair to other players. To enter the room for keyboard and mouse users the game must be started by selecting the options using the keyboard/mouse. Hope this helps.

Mouse and keyboard support

Fortnite on Xbox One supports the ability to play with a mouse and keyboard. Note that when using a mouse and keyboard on Xbox One, you’ll be placed in a game with other users who also chose mouse and keyboard as their control option. To enable your setup
    to use mouse and keyboard, see Mouse and Keyboard Support

Note If you’re on a child account, you’ll also need to enable settings for cross-network play to use a keyboard and mouse while playing
    on Xbox One.
  5. Arminator Win User

Keyboard/Mouse?

In order to keep an equal and fair multiplayer experience, you can only play with controllers on the Xbox One.

Games that work on the PC as well (like for example Gears of War 4) can be played with keyboard and mouse, but you can only play cooperative multiplayer with console owners that have to use controllers, so mouse and keyboard users don't have an advantage.

These XIM4 or Mayflash devices aren't real mouse and keyboard devices. These devices show themselves as a standard controller to the console, and when you move the mouse, the adaptor "guesses" from the speed you move the mouse, how hard it should push a
    simulated controller stick in a certain direction.

These adaptors won't give you the same control as the mouse on a real PC.

When you stream the Xbox game screen to your PC, you can also only use a Xbox controller. Mouse and Keyboard won't work as a game input (you can only use the keyboard to enter text when the virtual keyboard is shown).

There are plans to get Keyboard and mouse working, if there ever is a way to stream the PC screen to the Xbox console.

But currently, if you're playing on the Xbox console, it's controller only (even if the controller is "guesstimated" with mouse and keyboard inputs).
  6. T1C3 SODMG Win User

Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

The xbox has 3 usbs. 1 is used by the hard drive, 2 is used by the mouse. 3 is used by my keyboard. The keyboard has 2 usb porta one for the usb passthrough and one so it works. I got bot of them plugged in but one of them is in a charging brick
    next to my xbox. It still turns off.
    Take the mouse out of #2 and place the controller there, take the mouse and place in the keyboard. My controller never turns off when plugged directly to the xbox. No matter what one of the devices in your xbox must go for the controller. Make everything
    else work through your pass through with the keyboard.

Problem solved.
Thema:

1. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working - Similar Threads - Why second delay

2. Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting a black screen every couple of seconds when I load up an Xbox game?: So I just started playing a new game on my Xbox, which works perfectly fine when I play it on my TV or another monitor, but for some reason when I load up a game on this monitor via my Xbox I keep...
  3. Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one x black screen for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so.: I tried to change the color depth setting but it didn’t change anything 0b321620-fa87-4c10-91d6-ab5266357759
  4. Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?: Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i can play the first mission, completely fine, no...
  5. Why does my game crash after 30 seconds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash after 30 seconds?: I recently updated my game pass mobile app for android and my games now crash after 30 seconds. I've been using the service for over a year with no issues. I've restarted my phone, cleared...
  6. Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one s keep turning off 10 seconds into loading up and then turn back on...: It's what the question is. 1cfe7cc4-c4f8-4890-8634-c689063cacd1
  7. Why is my xbox losing connection the second my controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox losing connection the second my controller disconnects: I am on the original xbox one - I will not buy the new xbox till I feel the need to since this worked fine until now Every time I play a game my xbox comes up with controller disconnected - even...
  8. why does my xbox one x turn on start beeping for 30 seconds then turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one x turn on start beeping for 30 seconds then turn off: why does my xbox one x turn on start beeping for 30 seconds then turn off any ideas of how to fix this problem? be61c230-84e6-43fa-b940-4a9eb06a39a9
  9. Why won’t my xbox stay on? Goes off after 20 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox stay on? Goes off after 20 seconds.: So I was playing my xbox series s, it is practically brand new. While playing it was lagging really bad so I restarted the console. After restarting i just had a black screen and the console would...
  10. Why I am unable to select second SSD drive for instalation of the content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I am unable to select second SSD drive for instalation of the content?: In my "GamePass PC app / Settings / General / Change where this app installs games by default" I can see the secondary SSD drive, but I am unable to select it, even when clicking on that second...