Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

Discus and support Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I attempted to copy Minecraft (1 GB) to my USB (FAT32, 14.7 GB), this was so I could get my world from Xbox One S to PC and Minecraft was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Epic_Gamer_246454, Nov 6, 2021.

  1. Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?


    When I attempted to copy Minecraft (1 GB) to my USB (FAT32, 14.7 GB), this was so I could get my world from Xbox One S to PC and Minecraft was downloaded via Game Pass, it wouldn't work due to this seemingly arbitrary limit. Can I have a answer on why there is this limit please? Thank you!

    :)
     
    Epic_Gamer_246454, Nov 6, 2021
    #1
  2. Epic_Gamer_246454 Win User

    Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

    And wouldn't be possible as xbox formated drives aren't readable by pc

    It's the copy protection to prevent cheating

    And any folder you create for gamepass is encrypted also

    Also you arent meat to use usb drives on consoles

    Hdds are for game storage and since your typical games are usually 25-50 gigs you do need the space and ,32 gig won't cut it you gotta remember the copy protection comes with overhead

    You would not br able to store anything with that little space

    When you format a drive for xbox you do lose some space and it is significant

    Since some of the xbox os goes into it including copy protection

    If you want lower overhead only 360 has that little but then again gamepass won't work on 360

    But as mentioned you won't br able to access the files because of the copy protection

    What you are trying to do is not allowed according to the terms.of use

    Xbox formated usb drives aren't to be edited to be read on pc

    It is meant to be used console to console

    You have to.use cloud
    Just checked, there is no rule preventing me from getting save data onto a USB in the TOU and I found another way to port my save game.
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

    Yes but we aren't talking about playanywhere title

    He's trying to move a xbox container file not a pc file

    Any play anywhere title you must download from xbox .NOT from your console

    Gamesaves moved.from a xbox partition

    You USE CLOUD to move gamesaves and only if the game supports cross saves

    Xbox.pc.gamepass titles.

    are encrypted folders it's.NOT.SOMETHING you should.br touching
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

    actually some of the xbox games available in pc gamepass are actual xbox games just wrapped and altered slightly hence why some of them are missing the menu items that the proper pc counterparts have on other launchers.
  5. ngocphi Win User

    Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

    And wouldn't be possible as xbox formated drives aren't readable by pc

    It's the copy protection to prevent cheating

    And any folder you create for gamepass is encrypted also

    Also you arent meat to use usb drives on consoles

    Hdds are for game storage and since your typical games are usually 25-50 gigs you do need the space and ,32 gig won't cut it you gotta remember the copy protection comes with overhead

    You would not br able to store anything with that little space

    When you format a drive for xbox you do lose some space and it is significant

    Since some of the xbox os goes into it including copy protection

    If you want lower overhead only 360 has that little but then again gamepass won't work on 360

    But as mentioned you won't br able to access the files because of the copy protection

    What you are trying to do is not allowed according to the terms.of use and fyi wILL nNOT WORK

    XBOX..games arent compatible with pc

    You must use xbox app for Windows 10 to download a pc version

    Xbox formated usb drives aren't to be edited to be read on pc

    It is meant to be used console to console

    You have to.use cloud
  6. Jesse E' Win User

    Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Unfortunately the answer to that is quite unknown. It's just a minimum requirement. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB?

Loading...
  1. Why is there a 128GB requirement for copying games to USB? - Similar Threads - Why 128GB requirement

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...