Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

Discus and support Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son's Xbox X gives a black screen. After a visit to Microsoft Store the assistant did some checks and said that he can't get the repair mode on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AniaS, Oct 23, 2019.

  1. AniaS
    AniaS Guest

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?


    My son's Xbox X gives a black screen. After a visit to Microsoft Store the assistant did some checks and said that he can't get the repair mode on which indicates a problem which cant be repaired.

    I wish someone told me that before I paid £500, that if this happens and it happens after your warranty ran out you need to pay £237 to get it replace. I would at least buy extra insurance/extend the warranty
    but I NEXER expected something which costs so much money a) to break so easily b) not to be repairable Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? :((((

    I am so disappointed that I prefer to spend the money somewhere else.

    However before I do so is there any hope for us? If I find a shop which repairs game consoles is there any chance someone will fix it?

    Please tell me there is any hope as I am really devasted Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? :((((

    :)
     
    AniaS, Oct 23, 2019
    #1
  2. Ironwilled Win User

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

    Eh before you go and spend more money on a repair job, I would wait for Project Scarlett and grab a cheap replacement Xbox One in the meantime.
  3. AniaS Win User

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

    It was MS Store in London, not any repair centre.

    I only went there as I thought they will take it to repair (even if I have to pay) but they didn't offer that at all as apparently the problem is not fixable.

    "Fyi the warranty for an xbox one x is 2 years in eu" - Could you please tell me how do I go with the 2 years EU guarantee? I bought the xbox from Argos.

    "There is only one way to get it repaired and its only thru the website" - I've tried that now and I only got an option to pay £237 if the console if not repairable.
  4. CryingHero Win User

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

  5. NeoDan123 Win User

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

    The warranty will depend on the local consumer laws of the country it was purchased.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

    Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

    That's not true for electronics purchased within the EU.
Thema:

Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do?

Loading...
  1. Why is the XBOX ONE X an unrepairable console, what can I do? - Similar Threads - Why unrepairable console

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...