Why is the xbox app so slow?

Discus and support Why is the xbox app so slow? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mace_W, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Mace_W
    Mace_W Guest

I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a multi-trillion dollar company making an app so slow, can this be fixed?

:)

Mace_W, Apr 20, 2024
  2. doublesit Win User

Why are the Apps so slow?

Lich, this is not true, i had this issue (especially with ghosts running) from the beginning!

when i start up ghosts pretty nothing really works! if i am in a lobby and whant to see someones profile i can't open it! it takes too much time!

maybe it is also ghosts which is just poorly programmed, or it is the xbox that is not really next gen ...!

i for myself am pretty unhappy with my choice to keep on supporting MS with the one! hoped to get a real gaming machine but it is not!
  3. LarryBrah Win User

Hello TheBigSnot,

If loading times have decreased it could be the cache build up on the xbox. Have you tried holding down the power button for 7 seconds and rebooting the system? This usually works because there are many things happening in the background of the console.

The xbox can multitask many apps and a game at any given time. After using some apps or a game, go to the Home screen and use the Menu button to quit some apps that you are currently not using.

Also, if I may ask, are you on the Preview Program? If you are experiencing screen locking and really bad slowness, this is expected and should be reported on the Preview Forums.

Let us know how it goe's, thank you!
  4. LarryBrah Win User

Hey TheBigSnot,

Its good to hear back from you. Generally though this never really never happens. It appears this last month of July had it pretty hard with the servers. A couple sources say its either the intense heat on the server farms, or one source says it was Destiny
    Beta might have caused all this discrepancies, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

You can always check the Xbox Status page to see if this has to relate any of the issues related to this..... And I can assure you, Xbox will get much better in the future. Engineers and Servers work around the clock to get things working as fast as possible.
    The August update is looking real good, plus all the new features, and loads of bug fixes. Hang in there, Xbox One has only truly begun expanding.

Try the methods I suggested, if it still occurs, contact support about the issue, feedback means a lot!

Thanks!
  5. TheBigSnot Win User

Other issues I've recently had is with the NFL app not loading videos and being slow. Titanfall likes to disconnect from the server randomly while in the lobby and sometimes during mid game. The party app will give me an error and say that I can connect
    to the party but after that it shows me in the party but I'm unable to communicate with anyone till I exit out of the party and sometimes I have to reset my xbox one.
  6. TheBigSnot Win User

I do a pretty good job at quitting out of all of the apps because they are just too much of a drain on the system when playing cod ghost.. The party app and friends shouldn't be a significant drain, so what else is running in the background that slows
    this down so much. Right now my clan is struggling to get everyone in a lobby together and we can't. Several times a night we get booted from the game or the game itself freezes. I wished the problems were just with ghost but it seems to be the issues with
    most games. In general the One seems to be really sluggish, even the 360 seems to be running quicker than this.

I'm not in the preview program. Most of my friends are looking to trade their One's in and get a PS4 because of the issues.
Thema:

1. Why is the xbox app so slow? - Similar Threads - Why app slow

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  4. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  5. Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?: So the only way I can really explain this issue is that I am able to see the bundle on the Xbox PC app but not on my console. When I go to "My games & apps" on the PC app I am able to see the...
  6. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  7. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  8. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  9. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  10. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1