Why is the Xbox app not installing games where I directed it to?

Discus and support Why is the Xbox app not installing games where I directed it to? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wanted my files in a specific folder for modding, so I joined "Windows Gaming" on the Insider Panel. After this, I directed my installs to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RickyArnaud, Feb 5, 2023.

1. RickyArnaud
    RickyArnaud Guest

I wanted my files in a specific folder for modding, so I joined "Windows Gaming" on the Insider Panel. After this, I directed my installs to "XboxGames" via the General tab. My Xbox app is still installing games into the "WindowsApps" folder, inside of Program Files, instead of what I directed it to, which is "XboxGames". Also, when I right click the game and select Manage > Files > Browse it does nothing. How can I fix this and get it to the right folder? I will provide screenshots of the files that are in WindowsApps, and what it would look like in XboxGames.

How it looks in WindowsApps...

Why is the Xbox app not installing games where I directed it to? [​IMG]

How it would look in XboxGames...

***moved from Windows Insider Program / Gaming on Insider Preview***

:)

RickyArnaud, Feb 5, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Not able to switch Hard Drive Storage Locations on XBOX GAME PASS PC

Try following the directions in this post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/how-to-change-install-directory-for-xbox-beta-app/04aeae3d-7a64-44c0-b615-7ae0a9540cd4

I was able to change where apps where installed but have not tried downloading a game to see if it worked yet.
  3. John Crane5016 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Error 104

Why should I be directed toward FACEBOOK? I will not install that app. This is a Microsoft Windows problem. Keep FACEBOOK out of the game!
  4. John Crane5016 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Error 104

Why should I be directed toward FACEBOOK? I will not install that app. This is a Microsoft Windows problem. Keep FACEBOOK out of the game!
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Get your act together.

why use the launcher, i use minecraft direct without the launcher, you have the option to install minecraft with or without launcher in the xbox app.
  6. WPAK Win User

Downloadable Content Problem for FIFA 19 Ultimate Edition

Hi there,

not sure why support would direct you to this place, but you can check one thing.

Via My Games and Apps please highlight Fifa 19 and use the Menu button to select Manage game, this will show a screen where you can see if all DLC is installed or some are still showing Ready to Install, if something shows at Ready to Install then please
    install any DLC showing.

If it doesn't show anything, I would advise to contact Xbox Support again via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Why is the Xbox app not installing games where I directed it to? - Similar Threads - Why app installing

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  4. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  5. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  6. why is my xbox app installer not opening?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox app installer not opening?: Today I wanted to install the xbox app but the setup won't even open, i have tried installing it from the microsoft store as well as from google but the installer won't open, i tried scaning for...
  7. Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...: It tells me I need to purchase again after I alrwddy have it. And I have the order number and receipt. I'm on pc 79101b99-2c56-4489-894a-2587d46c17cc
  8. Why won't my apps install, but my games will?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my apps install, but my games will?: I can't install apps, only games. Brand new series s 1c4a169a-ed60-41fe-8dbd-910a0024cac9
  9. why is there a problem loading instalation location on xbox app pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there a problem loading instalation location on xbox app pc?: Why is there a problem loading installation location on Xbox app pc? It shows the issue on the Xbox app on Settings, General, Game Install options, Change where this app installs games by...
  10. Why are my installed games not showing up when I open xbox app to launch them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my installed games not showing up when I open xbox app to launch them: I was going to play conan exiles and when I launched xbox to play it isn't showing any of my installed games b56e461e-42f7-4c1e-9e0e-67cc9c0a61b3