Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work...

Discus and support Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ohhhh Ive had a variety of problems with the xbox app and gamepass over its time period. Like many of us have. I Was glad when they started letting you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by johnpro4, Apr 26, 2022.

1. johnpro4
    johnpro4 Guest

Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work...

Ohhhh Ive had a variety of problems with the xbox app and gamepass over its time period. Like many of us have. I Was glad when they started letting you choose custom folders instead of the stupid windows apps folder. but Thats been about the only good thing theyve done.

Now my problem is, i got a new video card. So i wanted to give Avengers another go. But i had uninstalled it a month or so ago to free up space. Now when i try to re-install it. Gets to 25% done, about 30 gigs and errors out every time. every time 25%, error. I watched the folder one of the times and it was on one of these bigfile.ultra.tiger files possibly when it errors.

So the two things i think maybe it could be, is this time im installing to a different drive then when i first installed it. would think this wouldnt matter. As there are no remnants of it anywhere on the old drive. so not like its not redownloading licensing files or that type of thing.

2nd is that the drive im installing does only have 200 gig free. which should be ample as game requires 155 gig. And when i installed it the first time. Drive i installed it to only had about 160 gig free. was only a 5 gig difference. and it installed fine that time. so not having enough space should not be an issue.

I have not quite tried all the fixes out there. I will, But for doing all this work and not actually playing. Shouldn't i get some type of compensation. Shouldnt all of us get some type of compensation. We should not have to do this. especially when this problem doesnt appear to be specifically tied to pc version. seems like plenty of console problems of not download or erroring with this game as well.

I dont cancel many things. especially when ive been a member thru gold and now ultimate game pass for as long as i have been. But this may be the thing that finally breaks me and i cancel. Not that it will make any difference in the slightest to Microsoft. Of course, As i finish typing this. guess what, after trying a few fixes and trying again, errored out at 25 % yet again. ridiculous. how many hours have i lost to trying to fix things and get them working in this xbox app.

:)

johnpro4, Apr 26, 2022
  2. Stanislav Nič Win User

Can´t use my external disc because of it is not NTFS

Why is it an issue only on the Xbox app though, Steam, Epic, Ubisoft, EA App, all work no problem
  3. Harry Gurning Win User

My Game Forza Horizon 5 always stuck loading please wait and then crash in Windows 11

No only this game Forza Horizon 5, other game Minecraft working normally, game2 from steam, EA, Ubisoft, Epic all normally i play.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

All I want to do is play Far cry 5 with an Xbox linked account so I can play Co-op with my brother without paying extra every month for it.

farcry 5 is only available with an xbox gamepass account but you need to install the ubisoft app and have an ubisoft account linked to access it as the game is not available on windows store full stop, the game is only available on ubisoft store, steam store, gog and i think epic, also farcry 5 is not cross platform meaning you cannot play with those on console.

Having gamepass for pc lets you play the following:

EA play games( you must install the ea desktop app and link accounts, there are no cheevos)

ubisoft titles ( you must install the ubisoft connect app and have the accounts linked, only select titles which there are about 5 or 6 available, no cheevos)

gamepass games available in the xbox app.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

can I get my xbox games from my xbox to my pc without transfering any hardware?

also to add, most of the games on xbox are not available via the microsoft store/xbox app on pc and have to be purchased from steam, gog, epic, ubisoft, ea etc.
  6. StinkyPete2 Win User

Halo Infinite keeps uninstalling itself apparently.

Wow....you know what works wonders fixing this garbage xbox app for pc. Or just stop making games on pc. Not constantly reinstalling somthing. That's why he's complaining in the first place!
Thema:

1. Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work... - Similar Threads - Why App constantly

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app...
  6. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?: if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short change the UK? Also the Jewel reward is not...
  7. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  8. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  9. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  10. Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?: Like they have it for IOS and pc but not mac and macOS? 301b2295-14c2-4c21-8aeb-da5451cb0451