Why is the xbox app asking for a pin when I try to log onto it with a new device?

Discus and support Why is the xbox app asking for a pin when I try to log onto it with a new device? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In order to share my PC game pass with another computer, I am trying to log onto the Xbox app with my Microsoft account, but when I do so, it asks for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RhysHow, Jun 30, 2022.

1. RhysHow
    RhysHow Guest

Why is the xbox app asking for a pin when I try to log onto it with a new device?

In order to share my PC game pass with another computer, I am trying to log onto the Xbox app with my Microsoft account, but when I do so, it asks for my pin, but when I try to do so it is always wrong. I have tried my windows hello pin and the pin that I used to log onto my account on Xbox but it doesn't work.

Could anybody please help identify where it is that the pin is set so that I could change it or tell me how to make it so that its method of verification is changed?

For extra information, this is after I have already inputted the password for my Microsoft account, so I assume that this is just another verification method, but I am unsure as to where this pin comes from.

image of the notification given

:)

RhysHow, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi RhysHow! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Could you please share a screenshot of the pin request, to confirm which pin is being asked

Usually what you get requested is a verification code that you will receive on the email you have set as contact method or on the Microsoft authenticator app
  3. Codi Lambert Win User

Xbox PC app requires Windows Hello Pin despite Windows Hello being disabled on all devices

Hi, thank you for the advice but it specifically is not asking for an Xbox pin, and will not let me enter more than four digits when prompted for my non-existent pin. Whenever it says my pin is incorrect, it explicitly tells me to change my pin through Windows Hello. Everything that is going on here is all on Windows computers. No consoles are involved. I can't get a screenshot at the moment as the computer that's been having the error is currently in use and I cannot get access to it, I will edit this post or reply to it with a screenshot when I am able to get to it. A quick rundown of the situation is as follows:

There are two computers upstairs, one with Gamepass Ultimate, one without

We are trying to put the Gamepass Ultimate account onto the computer that does not have it.

When trying to sign in, the Xbox PC app asks for a Windows Hello Pin that does not exist

There is no possible way to bypass this pin, and no pins work, as no pin exists.

We try logging a different account onto the computer, it asks for another pin that does not exist.

App thinks its a dictionary attack and locks us out of the Xbox PC app

We just want to get my account onto a new computer, that's all we want, but it's asking for login info that doesn't exist
  4. Edocsil 2020 Win User

Cross platform gaming

When it asks for a pin is this because it is trying to set up "Windows Hello"? If so I have this issue where logging into my work device with the Xbox App it tries to setup Windows Hello and askes for my PIN which is rejected despite it being correct.
    The irony is my work device doesn't support windows hello. So far been unable to get it working
  5. RSlack777 Win User

Limit to number of Pins?

I was able to resolve this issue by logging onto my Xbox 360 and deleting pins. They were maxed out at 200. Deleted all pins and now I can pin from anywhere including the console and Xbox app.
  6. RSlack777 Win User

Unable to Pin items to home page.

I was able to resolve this issue by logging onto my Xbox 360 and deleting pins. They were maxed out at 200. Deleted all pins and now I can pin from anywhere including the console and Xbox app.
Thema:

1. Why is the xbox app asking for a pin when I try to log onto it with a new device? - Similar Threads - Why app asking

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Xbox app stuck on "Launching the Xbox App" screen on PC?: It's been stuck on this for 20 minutes now and it still won't load or open. And yes I have restarted my pc and uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I'm also up to date on my windows...
  7. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  8. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  9. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  10. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...