Why is the warranty for my controller 11 months and the console is 12 months?

Discus and support Why is the warranty for my controller 11 months and the console is 12 months? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have stick drift on a controller that is only 11 months old and not that used. When I went to request a replacement I found that the console was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen Barnes1, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Why is the warranty for my controller 11 months and the console is 12 months?

I have stick drift on a controller that is only 11 months old and not that used. When I went to request a replacement I found that the console was still in warranty but the controller isn't. These were brand new in January. What's the deal Microsoft?

:)

Stephen Barnes1, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Stephen Barnes1 Win User

The silence from admin is so typical of Microsoft
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The warranty on the controller is 90 days
  4. Stephen Barnes1 Win User

Wow, that's poor. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
  5. sammy99 Win User

Error E79 on 4GB Slim Xbox 360 error & arbitrary reduced warranty

That reasoning does not excuse let alone explain arbitrarily reducing a warranty/contract that stated I am entitled to 12 months of coverage from the purchase date.

The console breaking down shortly after the supposed 12 month warranty attests to the quality of Micro$oft's products. Reinforcing this is the reduction of their standard warranty from 36 months to 12 months to 11 months.
  6. Barso Win User

Stores must be packed with consoles!

I just registered my console and it states that the standard warranty runs out Feb 2013. I live in the UK and my warranty should be for 12 months not 7 months.

Why?
Thema:

1. Why is the warranty for my controller 11 months and the console is 12 months? - Similar Threads - Why warranty controller

2. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  3. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  4. Why would Microsoft change my warranty date?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why would Microsoft change my warranty date?: I purchased an XBOX series X on Dec 26 2022. I had a recent issue with it and submitted a warranty repair and it was dispatched to Germany and back again. I've logged on to the portal and now...
  5. Why the Xbox series S warranty period ended within 2 months of purchase?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox series S warranty period ended within 2 months of purchase?: I bought Xbox series s on August 2023, but the warranty period shows as ended on October 2023. I tried to reach out Microsoft customer support numbers. The warranty period should be 1 year or 6...
  6. Why wont my warranty request go through and why will xbox support bot call me back!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my warranty request go through and why will xbox support bot call me back!!!!!: My xbox series x no longer sends a picture to the tv, tried multiple cables and a different TV so I'm guessing a hdmi fault. The problem is I've tried to send it in for a warranty repair but it...
  7. Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...: I have tried over 20 times this morning to submit a warranty repair for my fault Xbox Elite controller. Every time I get a failure message. Online Chat is useless, submitting a request for a call...
  8. Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...: I got the controller last Christmas and the warranty expired in January now the bumpers don't work and it's cost over 100 dollars to fix it 752f6a80-a7fa-47e7-9a90-094b9464a554
  9. Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...: Xbox refuses to fix its faulty series x console that is still under warranty. First they told me that they can’t warranty it do to physical damage to the console, there is none. Then they told me...
  10. Why cant I track my Xbox after I sent it in for repairs (Warranty).

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I track my Xbox after I sent it in for repairs (Warranty).: I mailed my Xbox in order to get it repaired after a malfunction. (warranty claim). It has been 5 days since I mailed it and wanted to track it through my Microsoft account, it doesnt allow me to....