Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

Discus and support Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/inkisbad124, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox accounts created in the same house, same item being ordered and same payment method, why is the sales tax different? I would post photos for proof but apparently this sub reddit doesn't allow photos

submitted by /u/inkisbad124
    [link] [comments]

/u/inkisbad124, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Snooty-EAFBC25B-098A Win User

say i dont have enough money in my account

The battlefield add-on you are trying to buy may have sales tax on it, meaning including that you won't have enough...

---------------------------

I'll just use an example with my state's sale's tax. So, a $25 card goes into your account and it says you have $25.00 in your account. The add-on when you buy it says it's $24.99 and it has a little 1 at the end, which means it excludes sales tax. In the
    state i'm in it's 6%, so it really costs you $24.99 + whatever your sales tax is. (in my case, it would be $26.49, yours may be the same/different based on the tax)

--------------------------

Does that make sense?
  3. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Taxes

The state sales tax rate in Illinois is 6.250%. With local taxes, the total sales tax rate is between 6.250% and 11.000%.

http://www.sale-tax.com/Illinois

From the page above you can find your city to see what the sales tax is.
  4. ColtonTurnbo Win User

Xbox One US Price including taxes...

would have been $546.24 here in TN, but I am getting it off Amazon while there is no sales tax!! We have to pay sales tax in 2014, so thats why Im getting it now. Practically getting half a game for the difference.
  5. JosephArdry Win User

Unknown incorrect charge for Microsoft Ultimate

Most likely you are now paying sales tax. Unless you live in a state with no sales tax, most states have pushed for sales taxes to be applied to online purchases because of the loss of revenue.
    Sales tax would be understandable but $14.99 for a regular monthly and a sales tax of $16.54? So a total of $31.53? Then why isn't that charge admitted on my history of charges through Microsoft. It's not on there history but my bank account history clearly
    shows it.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Gamertag Change Cost

Guys, the tax is different in different states/counties. There is no single sales tax rate.
Thema:

Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

1. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system? - Similar Threads - Why sales tax

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...: So I’ve been wanting get the Sims Dlc werewolves for a while now, but I just can’t seem to catch it on sale. I’ve even bought other content that would randomly go on sale multiple times. thinking...
  7. Why is the Starfield controller for sale on xbox consoles.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Starfield controller for sale on xbox consoles.: So for a while Starfield controller has been sold out. I had it in my wish list. 2 days ago the price was showing, doesn't say sold out. I went and put $80 on my account to find out its not for...
  8. What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...

in XBoX on Windows
    What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...: Was trying to get a refund on purchased in-game content but was denied continuously after multiple attempts at disputing at was met with the same robo-message about Section 15....
  9. UNO does not run at all on xbox one. It still for sale why.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNO does not run at all on xbox one. It still for sale why.: UNO hasn't worked going on 3 years now. Just would like a fix to a game that is still for sale. 3 Years is quite long. d4700979-c2a7-472d-8dc1-66ac703c7502
  10. Why can’t I choose the game pass listed for sale?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I choose the game pass listed for sale?: Xbox game pass is listed on sale but it won’t let me purchase it. I click on it and it acts like it’s going to another page then goes back giving the option to click it again...