Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

Discus and support Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've owned my elite version 2 controller and after 6 months of ownership, I'm already experiencing stick drift and my Right Bumper doesn't register... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ishbu, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ishbu
    Ishbu Guest

I've owned my elite version 2 controller and after 6 months of ownership, I'm already experiencing stick drift and my Right Bumper doesn't register unless I press on it really hard. It was surprising to me that the warranty was so short and after watching
    videos prior to release, the developers stated that the controller was supposed to be more durable than the first version. The elite version one controller I had lasted nearly 2 years until I started to experience stick drift but that was the only issue I
    had.

After reading reviews on several different websites about the elite version 2 (best buy, game stop, etc), nearly everyone seems to be having the same issue with the Right Bumpers and stick drift and some with issues within 3 months or less. Did Microsoft
    cheap out on the quality? To do the exchange will cost me $99.99 and getting brand new will be $179.99. For an expensive controller to where the quality doesn't last more than a few months feels like I'm being cheated and robbed.

:)

Ishbu, Jul 25, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

they have turned into apple, they sell inferior cheap tack at a premium price.

I have seen loads and loads of posts about stick drift on a lot of new controllers, not just elite.

Best thing is i have three xbox one s controllers, all with drift on the left thumbstick, seems to be an issue when you click it in repeatedly for running in games it then gets drift very quickly. (mainly drifting up)

I bought a power A controller with two rear buttons and low and behold no drift even after three months of use.
  3. DEREZZINATOR Win User

When Will Microsoft have more Elite series 2 Controllers?

But my question is:

When will Quality Control improve for Elite Series 2 Controller?
  4. mehly Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

I have exactly the same issue with the new Series 2 controllers. I ordered the Electronic Volt version, but had to refund it because of the mentioned problem. Then I ordered the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, thinking a 150€ controller sure can't have these problems, but I was wrong.

So here I am, stuck my old Elite Series 1 controller that still works after several years, but starts to show wear, and I can't upgrade to Series 2 without winning the series-2-build-quality-lottery.
  5. xXx BrAnDeL xXx Win User

Is anyone else getting controller stick drift on their Elite 2 Controllers?!

I got the same damn problem on my 7th(!!!!!!!!!!) Elite controller now!!!! 4 on elite 1 and 3 on elite 2.... for 180 euros i thought the quality would be better. I be an xbox player since day one of the very first xbox console, but if microsoft is going
    that way of **** quality, i better go to sony....
  6. Emo Goggles Win User

Xbox elite controller series 2

thats why i ont spend money on a elite controller. for what you pay there is not much quality difference between it and a regular controller.
Thema:

1. Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad? - Similar Threads - Why Quality Elite

2. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  3. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  6. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  7. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  8. Why is my Xbox Series X crashing on high quality Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X crashing on high quality Games.: I have had the Xbox series x for the past year. Ever since I switched over from a Xbox One S, I noticed it crashes alot on high graphics games such as, Forza horizon 5, Forza Motorsports, Call of...
  9. Why is it so hard to make quality products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it so hard to make quality products?: Resebtly made a post about my Xbox not turning on. I did everything that Microsoft support team said with no success including buying a new power supply, power button attachment, new power cable,...
  10. Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?: I've found that the quality of my microphone while talking in a Discord voice channel on Xbox is significantly worse than it is in a regular Xbox party or when I'm in a Discord voice call on my...