Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...

Discus and support Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am on the latest version of windows, so I don't understand. I saw another thread like this and it said to update windows.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZWM Railfan, May 17, 2023.

1. ZWM Railfan
    ZWM Railfan Guest

Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming...

I am on the latest version of windows, so I don't understand. I saw another thread like this and it said to update windows.

:)

ZWM Railfan, May 17, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming Services?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app. Try launching the game again and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try launching the game again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Get your act together.

why use the launcher, i use minecraft direct without the launcher, you have the option to install minecraft with or without launcher in the xbox app.
  4. AtlantisXw Win User

Minecraft bedrock won't install with launcher

Hello,

I was having the same issue yesterday, I the following solution worked for me.

In file explore i founI found the Minecraft launcher and deleted the folder.

I then went to the Microsoft store and installed Minecraft for windows only, without the launcher. Once it was installed I could then install the launcher without issue and launch the game
  5. Francia J. Win User

If I buy minecraft from the microsoft store, can I then also download minecraft with the same microsoft account from the website of minecraft?

Hi LucaGamer777, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you're pertaining to Minecraft for Windows, I'm sorry but no, the current Minecraft Launcher on Minecraft is not compatible with the game which means that you will be needing to install the game still through the Microsoft Store or install the new and updated Minecraft Launcher on Microsoft Store/Xbox App to install the game inside of the launcher.
  6. Terolek Win User

Minecraft Dungeons Account with Microsoft

Translate: Hi everyone, today i'm going to expose my problem, one month ago i pre-order Minecraft Dungeons: Hero Edition, today i tried to install in the official game launcher of mojang, but in that part it appears i need to re-buy the game, when i have
    the game (because i can install this for the Microsoft Store), i would like know if is there any way to link the Microsoft Minecraft Dungeons with the official launcher game
Thema:

1. Why is the minecraft launcher re-directing me to the Microsoft Store to install Gaming... - Similar Threads - Why minecraft launcher

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  4. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  5. Why do I have to sign into Microsoft every time the Minecraft Launcher opens?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have to sign into Microsoft every time the Minecraft Launcher opens?: Every time the launcher opens, I havve to re-enter my email and password. There is no option to "remember me" or "trust this computer." This is getting extremely tedious and I've seen dozens of...
  6. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  7. why Can``t i go to minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why Can``t i go to minecraft launcher: My kid has Minecraft bedrock on his Nintendo Switch but when we tried getting it on the computer with the if already have Minecraft install it here from the Minecraft page we installed it but when...
  8. Why am I blocked from Minecraft launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I blocked from Minecraft launcher?: I can't get into the Minecraft launcher. When I came to the Microsoft website originally with the code I was told that my account was blocked. My email is fairly new and this is the first time...
  9. Why is my Minecraft launcher telling me I do not own MC:Java, a game I bought 10 years ago ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft launcher telling me I do not own MC:Java, a game I bought 10 years ago ?: I'm coming from the Mojang support which has an automatic answer stating that they cant do anything account related. My exact problem was clearly stated by another user on your forum but found no...
  10. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d