Why is spotify messing with the audio of my xbox

Discus and support Why is spotify messing with the audio of my xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i have recently been using spotify on my xbox to listen to music while i play games. it’s great but recently spotify and the games kinda bug out and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Logan Boss, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Logan Boss
    Logan Boss Guest

Hi i have recently been using spotify on my xbox to listen to music while i play games. it’s great but recently spotify and the games kinda bug out and after playing a game with spotify playing, the music won’t play unless i’m playing a game. I try and restart my console and then the volume for the games and in general does not work for some odd reason. I have to leave my xbox off for over an hour in order for the sound to come back. I’ve checked all the audio settings and i have watched countless youtube videos. I have looked through xbox support and troubleshooting. I have hard reset my console and I have unplugged it. I have run multiple tests on the HDMI cable and they all state the cable is in good condition. Nothing works except leaving it for an extended period of time. The sound doesn’t work for anything when this is happening as-well and it’s always right after i finish using spotify and playing my games. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

:)

Logan Boss, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

3. Logan Boss Win User

Thanks so much for the clarification and help! Have a good Day.
  4. Logan Boss Win User

Hey so i just finished playing gta and right after i quit the application the sound cut out for everything. I didn’t even restart it or doing anything. I first got on and played music for like 10 minutes and then turn the music off and continued to play gta and now i’ve closed the application and the sound doesn’t work at all. I haven’t tried uninstalling yet but i will. I don’t get why it’s doing this any thoughts or help is appreciated. I also just noticed that the sound comes back totally when i open up gta again and then i close the app and it goes away? This is really confusing and why it makes me think that the way spotify works on xbox messes with the audio. Deleting and Reinstalling spotify also does not change the issue. The sound is still gone and idk what to do other than leave it for over an hour which i don’t want to do. please help!
  5. Logan Boss Win User

Thank your for reaching out. I have already tried doing the power cycle and i have already reset the xbox without deleting the games and apps. For some reason the volume just doesn’t work after using spotify and playing a game. For example if i turn my xbox on and i haven’t played all day, i then go to spotify and start playing my playlist and then get on GTA for and hour or etc. Then once i’m finished playing i quit the GTA application and then the music will no longer play the sound at all whether i’m on a game or not. Then i try to restart my xbox and the sound does not work all together. That is when i have to leave it for a while in order for the sound to come back. It’s quite confusing and i have no idea what is causing this to happen. Thanks is there anything else on my end i can do?
  6. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for the detailed information. I have checked the Xbox support page and with the recent update it seems to be a known issue:

"Some players have reported intermittent audio issues across the dashboard or when launching games or apps.

If you encounter this behavior, be sure to report this issue and choose the Report with advanced diagnostics option. Make sure to include information like audio setup, when this issue occurred, troubleshooting steps tried, and other relevant info."

Do you have the Xbox Insider App installed? If not, kindly install the app and then you can report the problem from there.
Thema:

1. Why is spotify messing with the audio of my xbox - Similar Threads - Why spotify messing

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...
  4. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  5. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  6. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  7. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  8. Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?: Is it true that there is no xbox pro coming this year while ps5 getting a pro version? 743a9054-79cc-415a-9920-f13b042d94e3
  9. Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?: On my Xbox Series X, my Spotify app will pause for about 1 second near the end of every single track. It is usually around 20 seconds from the end. I am using a wired internet connection, directly...
  10. Why does my spotify change languages?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my spotify change languages?: So I had this problem happen only twice, 1 time yesterday and a lot of times tonight. So when I open the spotify tab (not open the actual app, I never open the app and only do so to add songs) my...