Why is Sea of Thieves not on my account?

Discus and support Why is Sea of Thieves not on my account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've owned Sea of Thieves for a very long time and a year or so ago I installed it on my new PC (didn't have to buy as I was on the same Xbox account... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toby Frost, May 31, 2023.

1. Toby Frost
    Toby Frost Guest

I've owned Sea of Thieves for a very long time and a year or so ago I installed it on my new PC (didn't have to buy as I was on the same Xbox account as my Xbox). I bought PC Game Pass a couple months ago to play a few different games with Sea of Thieves not being one of them. After I've cancelled my subscription it is no longer giving me access to Sea of Thieves. I also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it now won't let me reinstall it as I don't own it apparently. Thought I'd also mention that someone else bought the game as part of my family plan.

:)

Toby Frost, May 31, 2023
  2. GodsAssassin007 Win User

MUWG is completely screwed

Why is this posted in the Sea of Thieves section?
  3. DeathStronk Win User

Xbox disconnecting A LOT!!!

Doesent expain why it disconnects way more playing sea of thieves also if my xbox account is offline does that contribute because sometimes it does it less when im online
  4. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  5. Smwutches Win User

The game is included with Game Pass so you would have been able to play it through there. If you played it before that, the person who had bought it may have signed into the PC you had been using and had downloaded it there as well.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Thought I'd also mention that someone else bought the game as part of my family plan.
    That would be the reason it doesn't show as being owned on your account. You can access it on the console because they would have the console set as their Home, but that would not extend to the PC.
Thema:

1. Why is Sea of Thieves not on my account? - Similar Threads - Why Sea Thieves

2. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  3. Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not allowed to join any sea of thieves sessions?: I’ve just bought the Xbox game pass and downloaded the game sea of thieves when I enter the game it tells me I’m currently not allowed to join any sessions check account settings and try again....
  4. Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...: I bought the game and can’t play e1dd421d-a9bb-40f9-8e07-42429b66cb9e
  5. Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?: I bought Sea of Thieves for the Xbox one years ago. I upgraded my Xbox to the series X and was looking at games to download when I saw SoT was own and could be downloaded. When I start up the game...
  6. Why can’t I play games off my sea gate game drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play games off my sea gate game drive: Like a would move apex legends to my seagate storage drive but then it says I have to move it back to my internal storage to play it 63969cac-10e8-4f63-a2ec-bf5da9b1a3fc
  7. why cant i reinstall sea of thieves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i reinstall sea of thieves?: So, i wanted to play sea of thieves with a friend and when i tried updating the game it wouldnt update and i ended up trying to uninstall the game to try and reinstall it to see if that would help...
  8. Why can I only play Sea of Thieves after enrolling to Game Pass...I don't know why I paid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I only play Sea of Thieves after enrolling to Game Pass...I don't know why I paid...: I don't understand why I am getting redirected to the game Pass subscription screen. This is really grimey tactics. Don't like what is happening to gaming but I am allset anyway I don't care for...
  9. why I cant downlead sea of thieves on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I cant downlead sea of thieves on pc: i just bought Xbox game pass on my pc and I've download a lot of games using it put when i started downloading it says preparing 0% and i cant cancel it and it bees like this for over 13 hour and...
  10. why doesn't sea of thieves install on chromebook

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesn't sea of thieves install on chromebook: We have purchased Sea of thieves for chromebook but we can't install or play the game. What are we doing wrong? ac3cee6e-08b0-4fc4-a012-d8a59d27f0c8