Why is paid multiplayer still up? Are you joking Xbox?

Discus and support Why is paid multiplayer still up? Are you joking Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am very angry and sad that people have to pay to play games they BOUGHT WITH THEIR OWN MONEY and then they discover the 50 percent of the game they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jiří Sýkora1, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Why is paid multiplayer still up? Are you joking Xbox?

I am very angry and sad that people have to pay to play games they BOUGHT WITH THEIR OWN MONEY and then they discover the 50 percent of the game they paid for is behind a paywall? What a disgusting and anti-consumer move! I thought you already dropped the paywall but I guess not. Just to be clear explain to me why is this not a scam? You CHARGE players to play the games they own, its theirs they are the owners yet you restrict them from playing it? What the atuall hell?

No, oh the servers are expensive, oh dont cry I know you dont give a damn about your playerbase.

The servers I play on are owned and controlled by the ompany making the game, and with the new discord feature I can say bye bye to outdated Xbox Party!

Cant believe they charged to connect into a party....

So what makes it okay for you guys to sell the sub still? Please answer I really want to know.

:)

Jiří Sýkora1, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Jiří Sýkora1 Win User

Exacly, I have PC but I am angry as I bought MW2 and Just discovered this lol. Thank god I have my refund and unless it will be free I aint turning it on again, better give it off to my friends than for it to ollect dust
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Thats just an excuse, was I will pay over the 1K mark over purchases subs and all that in all these years. Just make it 1000 dollar versions and let us play free if its like that
    They probably wouldn't sell very well at $1000. There appears to be a limit of what console only gamers consider acceptable to pay for a console.

As for the total cost and how much MS lose, it may have been sold at considerable cost to Microsoft two years ago. Even in November, 2022 Phil Spencer said Microsoft still lost $200 on every Series X sold. but actual cost was probably not $1000.

Why do they make a subscriptions mandatory? Partly to make back some of the money on the hardware and make a profit, at least in the first few years of the console's lifecycle. And party because they literarily can, and console gamers find this subscription model acceptable.

I believe Nintendo sell their console's for profit now. But this is mobile hardware, it's not exactly an 'apples to apples' comparison. Even then, Nintendo have a subscription model.
  4. Jiří Sýkora1 Win User

Thats just an excuse, was I will pay over the 1K mark over purchases subs and all that in all these years. Just make it 1000 dollar versions and let us play free if its like that
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

unfortunately that excuse does not hold up now the series consoles are old and the hardware does not hold value, you can easily build a pc close to the cost of a series x now with the same power or better.

@OP PSN still charges and so does Nintendo, if you want free online and cheaper games and more choice, PC is the way.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

the exclusives you seen are also coming to pc (with no sub ;)
Thema:

1. Why is paid multiplayer still up? Are you joking Xbox? - Similar Threads - Why paid multiplayer

2. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  3. Why did I not receive what I paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I not receive what I paid for?: I recently purchased the new call of duty modern warfare 3 cross gen bundle and only received the optimized version of the game and not the Xbox one version. I do not have enough storage on my...
  4. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  5. Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription: I paid for Xbox game pass subscription so I didn't have to wait to play these games especially campaign modes. 98e53dab-64c4-46b1-b5cf-62f59fed1fd2
  6. Why did I still not receive what I paid for.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I still not receive what I paid for.: Why did I not receive what I paid for still dbc3a957-dfc0-47f4-9a5d-f8cd9839b745
  7. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  8. My Minecraft realm plus says it has expired, but I already paid for it. Why is this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft realm plus says it has expired, but I already paid for it. Why is this...: My Minecraft realm plus says it has expired, but I already paid for it. Why is this happening I need help 16061c4b-176e-46df-b7ae-75da8c276c41
  9. Why can't I download Modern Warfare 2? I paid for it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download Modern Warfare 2? I paid for it: For over a month and loads of updates I still don't have this game. It's installed Modern Warfare 3 instead and when I go to Modern Warfare 2 it says it's not installed. When I press install, a...
  10. Why can’t I play starfeuod when I paid for the upgrade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play starfeuod when I paid for the upgrade?: I can’t get into the game yet I pre ordered the premium upgrade what is going on. Pre installed days ago c6e74a2d-7340-4084-bddd-3353d8b0f147