Why is only the Xbox button working

Discus and support Why is only the Xbox button working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Okay so I own an Xbox one and my controller has not been working besides the home button I’ve tried changing the battery’s and also having it plugged... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Logan Wold, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Logan Wold
    Logan Wold Guest

Okay so I own an Xbox one and my controller has not been working besides the home button I’ve tried changing the battery’s and also having it plugged in it shows it’s on but all the buttons are unresponsive so nothing works plz help

:)

Logan Wold, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Logan

Please tell me:
    Do you know if your console or the controller received an update recently?
    Did you tried using your controller on a different device?
    For example connect it via cable to a PC or if your controller supports Bluetooth connect it to your phone
    Is this happening with the controller connected via cable and wirelessly to your console?
    Or only wirelessly / cable?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why does only the home button work?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Froz7ybitez

Is this happening on Xbox, right?
    If that's the case. May I know if you tried using the controller with a different device?
    For example pair it with your phone or connect it to a Windows PC and see if the issue persists from there.

This helps us to isolate the issue a bit more
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues! If you are experiencing an unresponsive controller after the February update, please go ahead and check out this thread here.
    Be sure to give the troubleshooting steps that I have suggested a try and make a post with the requested information in the thread. If you are experiencing a different issue, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive support specifically
    tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  5. FabPort Win User

Hi.

My Console Xbox One

Version OS: 6.2.12128.0 (xb_rel_1502.150202-2200)

My Control wireless xbox one

Version firmware: 1.2.2236.0

all updated correctly.

Even so, I have the same problem as other members of the xbox one console.

We only ask due attention to the case and respect for their customers.

Speaks on behalf of all users, which we look forward and frustrated by the size of this disorder.

In my view only just developers launch a new update to fix this error. And everything returns to normal.

Thank attention.
  6. FabPort Win User

Good day! I have the same problem.

After the month update 02/2015. My control is the same problem reported by other members of this topic.

After the control of the update, it stopped working commands via wireless. only the center button works (X).

The same is connected via the USB cable to one xbox console, works perfectly!

I've contacted support via chat of micrsoft, to where did all the required procedures and the same did not return to work (for a little over 1 hour in the chat). Today the day 02/10/2015 9:08 am, I made contact support via phone 0800 8919 835. Prococolo

After I listen to my problem, the attendant told me to consult the product warranty (Control xbox wireless one) it is out of warranty. But the problem presented in the product originated from an update provided by Microsoft manufacturer. I hope anxious for
    a Microsoft solution. At the moment I am very frustrated because everything was correct to make the product update procedure, which offered the same improvements! In the final process got disorder in control communication with the xbox one console.

Based on the accounts of other users, ask the responsible due attention to the case.

From already thank you for your attention.

att.

PortoGunX
Thema:

1. Why is only the Xbox button working - Similar Threads - Why button working

2. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  3. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  4. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  5. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?: So, when i try to play with it only the sticks work, and the home button does not work, i don't know how this happened and this is making my whole Xbox gaming experience not so good, so can...
  7. Why are my spacebar, caps lock and shift buttons not working when i am gaming and how can i...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my spacebar, caps lock and shift buttons not working when i am gaming and how can i...: I am gaming and all of my main buttons are not working. I am unable to use them and am unable to work with them, what can i do to fix this problem? e3157a0d-dcdb-4e85-a5c9-80aefee26b04
  8. Why wont the button work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont the button work: Im on nintendo switch and when i go on minecraft the button to sign in doesnt work it makes the noise and goes green and shows it clicked it but doesnt do anything i am unable to log into my...
  9. Why doesnt the lets go button work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesnt the lets go button work?: I just got my xbox series x and when i made a microsoft account, it asked me to make a gamertag. I entered my gamertag but the lets go button doesnt work. eb642ae5-7e4e-49b4-ad5e-f59a812279b3
  10. Why is my rt button not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my rt button not working: Whenever i play video games mainly racing games it will not work and im using a usb controller. bcd90f14-4d71-42e0-9d86-afa2c7fa1ad0