Why is my Xbox taking so long to load?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox taking so long to load? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having trouble with my games crashing so I used the delete local saves option and it prompted my Xbox to restart and so it did but as it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BarestFour, Feb 1, 2023.

1. BarestFour
    BarestFour Guest

I have been having trouble with my games crashing so I used the delete local saves option and it prompted my Xbox to restart and so it did but as it began powering back on it has just stayed at the loading screen for 5+ minutes and counting.

:)

BarestFour, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why is it taking so long to load into minecraft

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Andrew

Additional information is needed, please answer the following questions to assist you properly:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it's on Xbox, what console do you have?
    Do you have the game installed on the internal storage or did you installed the game on a external drive?

If it's on PC, are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Is this happening with Java or Bedrock Edition?

In any case, what did you tried so far to fix this problem
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. Pakalolo Time Win User

Why does music take so long to load?

[quote user="Shtinky Wezel"]

When I load it from a USB drive, it takes so long to load, even the list of songs. Its been loading for 3 minutes, and the list wont show up. And my xbox isnt frozen. and there is nothing wrong with my USB memory. Whats the deal?

[/quote]

You are using a USB flash drive that is NOT compatible with the Xbox, that is all. Try a Sandisk since they make the official Xbox USB flash drives.
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Just try streaming music from your PC, like VoteDC said its damn near instant
  6. DecodedSyntax Win User

All flash drives work with the xbox360 now.

@ Shtinky Wezel don't clear your memory. You want to try system maintenance. You want to go over to the far right under "Settings", select "System", highlight and select "Storage". Now highlight your Hard Drive and you should see the Y button pop up, press
    Y on your controller, highlight "Clear System Cache" and select it. A message will pop up saying " This will preform maintenance, Do you want to continue ". Highlight "Yes" and select.

PS you can do this for your Flash Drive as well just replace Hard Drive with Flash Drive in the directions.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox taking so long to load? - Similar Threads - Why taking long

2. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  3. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  4. Why Xbox one takes long time to restart?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox one takes long time to restart?: So mine is the white Xbox one S, it has been all right for a few years. However last year because green screen stuck very long i did 2 factory resets. I was quite stressed with that, also my...
  5. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  6. How long will it take for me to see why I was banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long will it take for me to see why I was banned?: I have been waiting for 6 hours and I do not know why I was banned. 668dbe9e-7ad9-4ff4-938c-4b851e0486ad
  7. Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long: Why is the new system update taking so long, it's been going for three days now because it takes so long to complete and before it does my xbox shuts off because I am not actively using the...
  8. Why does cloud gaming take so long?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cloud gaming take so long?: I am currently getting a 240 minute wait time on fortnite, extremely inconvenient. ce8695b9-52ae-462b-9082-0e35c9b93882
  9. Why is it taking me so long to load into Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it taking me so long to load into Fortnite: Why is it taking me 240 minutes to load Fortnite and then when I wait that long it kicks me out of the app I just want to play with my friends can you please look into this to make your loading...
  10. Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long on xbox cloud gaming: I don't recommend this website bcz when I load into the app It says I have to wait 345 minutes 8eb2fe5c-6408-4e32-85c4-c2c12ebc3ceb