Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on...

Discus and support Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Xbox Series X and when i purchase a game to download to the console from Microsoft Store it will download just fine and when i go to play the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shawn S Brooks, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on...

I have a Xbox Series X and when i purchase a game to download to the console from Microsoft Store it will download just fine and when i go to play the new game i just downloaded i get stopped or the console freezes and will automatically take me back to the Xbox Home Screen and i can not play the games i purchased. This happens to more than a couple of my games i purchase and also to some Cloud games i try to play. It does not happen to the games on my PC. I have trouble shot til i just don’t know what to do next except send it to Microsoft and the warranty has expired. So what do you think i should do next?

:)

Shawn S Brooks, Dec 13, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on my Xbox series X?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Me Ali1 Win User

Xbox

I own the game on the Xbox series x but it won't allow me to connect the game to my profile which is on the Xbox series x and so it does not let me play online, If that makes sense.
  4. Michael Cavin1 Win User

Multiple Family Settings Issues

Thank you for the response!

I have some clarifying questions. First, let me make certain that we have had the X-Box One S for quite some time and only recently purchased the Series S. Therefore, my account and the gamepass sub are tied to the One S.

1. If I make the Series S my new main X-Box, will my children not be able to benefit from Gamepass on the One S?

2. Is Minecraft multiplayer restricted to Gold sub members? And that is why my wife cannot play on the realm?

3. Is there a simple solution that allows my whole family to benefit from Gamepass with multiple XBox consoles within one home? We will likely be adding another Series S or Series X at some point, is each console supposed to have its own subscription?

M. Cavin
  5. rmbcobb Win User

NBA 2k23 for Xbox Series X|S - Says not compatible

Joseph, can you help me? I purchased PGA Tour 2K23 for XBOX One.

I then bought a Xbox Series X console. Can my game be upgraded to Series X so I can play it on the new console with better graphics etc. Thanks.
  6. kev dupuis1 Win User

Gta+ not working???

I Purchase the membership in the Microsoft store and rn I'm play the old gen gta (xbox one) even though I'm playing on my Xbox series x
Thema:

Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on...

1. Why is my Xbox Series X not letting me play a lot of my games i purchase from Microsoft on... - Similar Threads - Why Series letting

2. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why is my gamedrive ssd not letting me play games on my series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my gamedrive ssd not letting me play games on my series x: I bought a game drive ssd as someone told me I could just install games in it and still be able to play but now that I install a game and I try to play it, it tells me that I need to transfer it...
  5. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...: My Roblox won’t let me install it and play it. I have tried restarting my Xbox. I’ve tried clearing my cache. Tried hard resetting. I’ve tried it all. The game will start to install but stop at...
  7. I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought MW3 digitally on my Xbox series x and it won't let me play the open beta. Why is that?: Preordered MW3 on my series X, which should allow me to play the open beta and it won't let me. I downloaded everything. When I launch the game, it says I need to have the Vault edition but that's...
  8. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  9. Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox series x let me install a disc offline?: So as the question states, my Xbox is refusing to let me install disc offline, first I tried with call of duty advanced warfare and it wouldn't install, I thought oh disc must be broken. However,...
  10. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...