Why is my xbox series x automatically turning off when playing a game?

Discus and support Why is my xbox series x automatically turning off when playing a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This problem started a few days ago. At the time I thought it was a random bug and would just go away. But the problem has gotten worse. About 15 min... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jmort007, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Jmort007
    Jmort007 Guest

This problem started a few days ago. At the time I thought it was a random bug and would just go away. But the problem has gotten worse. About 15 min into a game I am playing, the xbox will turn off automatically. The screen will go completely black. I then turn the xbox back on and I am greeted with the xbox symbol and under it says “XBOX”. The letters are silver and same goes with the symbol. Once the xbox is on the Home Screen, it is disconnected from the internet and rejoins it automatically. I have tried performing a power cycle on the console and unplugging and replugging it back in but it has not worked. Another thing to note is that this only has happened while playing high action games like overwatch and combat warriors on roblox. I have been disconnected 1 time from a fallout 76 server, but the console did not turn off. I think this has little to do with the issue. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Jmort007, Dec 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and thank you so much for the update. As the last resort, we may need to reset the console removing everything and if the same issue occurs that's the time that we need to get the console repaired.
  3. Jmort007 Win User

Thank you for responding, I looked up optimal placement for a console and it looks like it is fine. I also reset the console and followed the steps as instructed yet it still had the same problem. Do I have to get my console repaired?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps.

Please make sure that the console is also in a well-ventilated place with enough space on top, on both sides, and at the back.

Once you made sure that it is in a well-ventilated place and the same issue occurs, it can be a corrupted file and we may need to reset the Xbox keeping the games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. Reifel Tower Win User

Xbox All Access vs Monthly Auto Renewal - what to do in this situation?

Just purchased xbox series x with all access - if my current game pass subscritpion is automatically renewed each month - do i
    need to turn off auto renewal or will it auto renew when the two years are up (you get 2 years of gamepass with all access).
  6. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox series x automatically turning off when playing a game? - Similar Threads - Why series automatically

2. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  7. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  8. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  9. Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?: I've had this problem for years, since I got the console. I have tried pretty much everything. I have the standby on, I keep storage one, I have "keep games and console up to date" ticked. I also...
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X Automatically Shut Down when I quit a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X Automatically Shut Down when I quit a game?: I recently bought dead island 2 for xbox series x. When the game is being played everything works fine there's no issues. But as soon as I go on the Home screen and select quit game within a few...