Why is my Xbox Series S not recognizing my seagate expansion card?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox Series S not recognizing my seagate expansion card? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’ve had my 2TB Seagate expansion card for about a year and a half already and then all of a sudden I go to turn on my Xbox and half of my games are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Keith Boutte, May 11, 2023.

1. Keith Boutte
    Keith Boutte Guest

So I’ve had my 2TB Seagate expansion card for about a year and a half already and then all of a sudden I go to turn on my Xbox and half of my games are gone. I head to storage and see that my expansion card isn’t listed nor does the Xbox even recognize that anything is in the slot. Ive restarted my xbox, I’ve don’t a complete shut down and start up, I’ve reset the xbox as if it came from the factory and it still does not recognize the expansion card. Another issue is that it also has stopped downloading games when turned off even though the storage is set to be on and allowed to download games when inactive. I’m not sure if this is the expansion card or the xbox itself having hardware issues when I’ve only had the Series S for a year and a half. If anyone else has this issue, I’d like to hear from you.

:)

Keith Boutte, May 11, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

3. Just a Volunteer Win User

"I’ve reset the xbox as if it came from the factory and it still does not recognize the expansion card."

Did you remove the card before resetting console?

Have you removed the card many times? ie swapping different cards
  4. kye player Win User

im having the same issue although mine is brand new out of the box
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

If it worked fine, and now it is not recognizing it, it is possible that it has burned, if the restoration did not solve it, unfortunately the error is not a system one, or it is the xbox slot or the card.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox Series S not recognizing my seagate expansion card? - Similar Threads - Why Series recognizing

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  7. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  8. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  9. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  10. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...