Why is my Xbox series s not recognising my seagate HDD, it keeps saying signal too weak. I...

Discus and support Why is my Xbox series s not recognising my seagate HDD, it keeps saying signal too weak. I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series s is not recognising my seagate external hard drive, I’ve run SeaTools diagnostic, I’ve done soft factory reset on console. The console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by garrdogg, Feb 11, 2023.

1. garrdogg
    garrdogg Guest

Why is my Xbox series s not recognising my seagate HDD, it keeps saying signal too weak. I...

My Xbox series s is not recognising my seagate external hard drive, I’ve run SeaTools diagnostic, I’ve done soft factory reset on console. The console says signal too weak

:)

garrdogg, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Why is my Xbox series s not recognising my seagate HDD, it keeps saying signal too weak. I purchased a new usb 3.0 cable and have done soft reset on console but still no success

Hello Garrdogg, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your drive.

Can you please try a different USB port for the drive to see if that helps? It couldn't hurt to try the drive on a different console to rule out the possibility the issue may be with the drive itself.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

External Storage

it may say xbox on it but it is a standard seagate usb 3 hdd same as the playstation one too, these were for the xbox one not the series x/s consoles. you can run all xbox 360 bc and xbox one games from it but the supposedly "enhanced versions" require the faster drive.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Next gen storage

Let me help you on Amazon a 12 terabyte seagate internal HDD is 279 for a PC, while also on Amazon a 1 terabyte seagate “memory card” is 200 for the Xbox series S/X. Now that I’ve done your research for you still think it’s a fair price? Or let me put it into a better point a 1 terabyte seagate HDD for a PC on Amazon is at most 80 bucks.
    You are not comparing like-for-like..you are comparing old technology to new technology...it would be like saying a 4k UHD movie disc should not be £25 because a normal Blu-Ray is only £5. The Seagate External Series S/X SSD is not a HDD...those things in comparison are pitifully slow. This drive would be a rough equivalent of the Expansion card and has an RRP of £200:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Solid-State/

And no-one says you have to buy the Expansion card...you can store Series X/S games on a normal drive, you just can't run them from a normal HDD due to the slow speeds of the HDD.

To compare, the drive I listed above has a read speed of 7300 megabytes per second; A Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive has a read speed of 210 megabytes per second. There is a vast difference between the drives....Series S/X games simply wouldn't run at all well on a normal HDD...frankly, Xbox One games were slow on the HDDs in Xbox One consoles (my One X is painfully slow compared to the Series X)
  5. Vodder Win User

Seagate 2TB External Hard drive not giving a format option on Xbox One

I had the same issue with my Seagate "USB 3.0" drive...tried everything you mentioned, I ended up buying another caddie from Amazon and putting the HDD in that, worked straight away! Can only think the chipset Seagate use isn't recognised by the Xbox as
    USB 3.0 or something.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Series S

Yes but not for series s enhanced ones or.patched games

You would.need.the seagate nvme card for series x/s

Normal usb hdd drives can only be used on bc titles
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox series s not recognising my seagate HDD, it keeps saying signal too weak. I... - Similar Threads - Why series recognising

2. Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X lagging?: My Xbox is brand new, yet it lags terribly when I play online games, like Fortnite for example. I recently just switched over from my Nintendo Switch to the Xbox, expecting that performance would...
  3. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  4. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  5. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  6. Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why there is no pro version of xbox series xs coming ?: Is it true that there is no xbox pro coming this year while ps5 getting a pro version? 743a9054-79cc-415a-9920-f13b042d94e3
  7. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  8. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  9. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  10. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...