Why is my Xbox Series S controller constantly disconnecting?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox Series S controller constantly disconnecting? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm getting disconnected after thirty seconds. The controller pairs for 30 seconds then becomes unresponsive and then the light starts flashing. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kennedy Morgan, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox Series S controller constantly disconnecting?

I'm getting disconnected after thirty seconds.

The controller pairs for 30 seconds then becomes unresponsive and then the light starts flashing. I'm able to maintain a connection to a USB cord, but when I try to go wireless it constantly disconnects after 30 seconds.

I've tried -

- Power cycling the controller

- Powering the controller with batteries

- Power cycling the console

- Buying a new controller

- Updating the controller

- Updating the console (up to date)

- Syncing the controller wirelessly (doesn't work)

I can't afford a new console. What do I do?

:)

Kennedy Morgan, Mar 14, 2023
  2. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Bluetooth disconnect issue

3. WYLD STALLYNS77 Win User

They done said with USB it works. Wireless it doesn't stay connected.

Been dealing with this issue myself for 18 months and no solution. Everytime I call for supports I get the try USB cookie cutter stuff. I paid for wireless controller not USB. Thank god my PS5 controllers don't have this issue with my PS5. I was Xbox only up until Series X.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Kennedy, , if you have a USB cabe, try t follow the procedures bellow.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  5. the elz Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

im on firmware 5.11.3118.0 for xboxc series S controller - latest, been on for weeks, before the problems with constantly disconnecting & reconnecting to the console after the latest console update about 2 weeks ago.

series S

OS10.0.22000.3055

Shell 2111.0.2112.11002

tried the controller firmware rollback via xbox assist, when you check the firmware it just says something went wrong - its on the latest firmware.......
  6. Yussif AlOmar Win User

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on

i have same issue

Xbox Series S controller freezes and disconnects but the light on the controller stays on,
    The problem happened to me a lot and the batteries are new, and i did power cycle, The device and the control were updated

my device xbox Series s, i got it two days ago
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox Series S controller constantly disconnecting? - Similar Threads - Why Series controller

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  5. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  6. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  7. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  9. Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?: Don't Microsoft & Xbox got quality controlls?? All the controllers seems to have issues, and waiting 2-3 weeks for a replacement ain't acceptable! We pay money for a controller that should just...
  10. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...