Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are

Discus and support Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why my xbox isn't allowing me to broadcast when I've already allowed my broadcast settings it says I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MalachiCushman, May 4, 2023.

1. Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why my xbox isn't allowing me to broadcast when I've already allowed my broadcast settings it says I may be restricted or banned but my account shows no bans and its still asking me to allow my privacy settings to allow broadcast like... what the heck...

:)

MalachiCushman, May 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

To confirm, are you using an Xbox console? Which generation?

And this is where you updated your privacy settings https://account.xbox.com/Settings?

Let's try to re-add your account instead to refresh it and power cycle your console as well:
    Note: Before doing these steps, please make sure that you know exactly the email address linked with your gamertag and the password to it so you can add the correct account again.

1. Remove account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. When you're finished, select Close.

2. Power cycle:
    Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

3. Add account:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Can't hear party chat in COD Warzone 2.0 while streaming on twitch.

Hmm, that is quite weird since most games do not allow the broadcast of cross platform in game chat because of privacy concerns.

That is why you are asked for permission when in a Xbox live party.

For in game chat to be broadcasted you would need a capture card
  4. FordGuardianF56 Win User

Mixer wont broadcast

Im having the same issue. I was in the beta testing program through Xbox insiders. Since then, every time I try to broadcast it will give me that error message or it will say "To broadcast gameplay, you must allow it in Xbox live privacy settings and the
    game you're playing must also allow broadcasting." My friends have been able to broadcast on rocket league, smite, dead by daylight and even on Fortnight. I wish Xbox would fix this instead of waiting for someone in the forums to figure it out and spread the
    word.
  5. CVTECK1 Win User

Twitch tv

This is what i did to make mine work go to my youtube channel and watch my video thanks and make sure your privacy settings for broadcasting says allow from your xbox one settings good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFK_mqto7A&list=UUJzEGDLDVjjrpINHOI-a7PQ
  6. Eminent Demon Win User

Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working, day 3.

Right, so i checked Privacy and Online safety settings, and "Broadcast Gameplay under xbox one/windows 10. and its set to blocked, however, when i try to change it to allow and click submit, it changes right back to blocked.
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox saying I need broadcast privacy settings allowed when they already are - Similar Threads - Why saying need

2. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  3. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  4. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  5. Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?: I want to order a controller off of the Xbox design lab, but when I hit proceed to check out it says I need to put my first and last name on my account. So I went in and put my name, but it is...
  6. Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free: So i found me old pc and it needed alot of updates and i found me minecraft i updated it and downloaded the launcher beacuse it needed it said and i dowloaded it and said PAY money but... it was...
  7. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  8. Why is my nba 2k23 saying i need game pass in order to play it. I had nba 2k23 pre ordered...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my nba 2k23 saying i need game pass in order to play it. I had nba 2k23 pre ordered...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Shadric Nealy II 2415209b-2cda-4642-96a8-bab4bf2b43ca
  9. Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?: I was recently gifted 3 months of GamePass Core and tried to play games such as Dead by Daylight, a very popular GamePass Core/GamePass Ultimate required game on Xbox, and it has continuously told...
  10. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...