Why is my Xbox one telling me I don’t have enough storage?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox one telling me I don’t have enough storage? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’m trying to install a game and it’s telling me I need to free up space. I have 257 fb free and the game only needs 35. Error code 0x80070070... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dodiger756, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Dodiger756
    Dodiger756 Guest

I’m trying to install a game and it’s telling me I need to free up space. I have 257 fb free and the game only needs 35. Error code 0x80070070

:)

Dodiger756, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Dodiger756 Win User

Hi. I have the original Xbox one. I tried clearing the persistent storage three times. I’ve held the power button for 10 seconds several times. I unplugged it from the wall for 10 minutes. I’m trying to install Rocket League. I do not have external storage.
  3. Dodiger756 Win User

When I try to connect the Xbox app to my console it doesn’t do anything. The app tells me to turn on my Xbox and sign in but then nothing.
    [​IMG]
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info
    May I know if you tried to install the remotely?

If not you can do it in two ways:
    A. Download and configure the Xbox mobile app > once configured go to the search tab and type rocket league > tap on it and select “download to console”

B. Sign in with your account here
    https://www.xbox.com/games/store/rocket-league/...
    You should be able to see an “install” button, click on it

—————

If maybe the issue persist try factory resetting your console but keeping games and apps
    For this go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DODIGER756

Additional information is needed, please tell me:
    Do you have the original Xbox one? The S or X?
    What game are you trying to install?
    Do you have an external storage drive connected to the console?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime try this:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox one telling me I don’t have enough storage? - Similar Threads - Why telling don’t

2. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  3. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  4. why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me: K why I got a 3 day social suspensetion does every1 got it or its just me what did I do wrong I'm on Xbox series x I didn't do nothing wrong I swear pls Xbox tell me every1 has this cuz all...
  5. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  6. Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?: One hacker by the name of [mod removed] reset my ranking from Level 29 to Level 1 and now every single loadout is flushed down the drain. I am really sick of seeing these people on XBL and that I...
  7. Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?: I'm trying to open Microsoft rewards but when I click on it to open it on my Xbox one it comes up saying Update your consoles location even though it's set to my location....
  8. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  9. Can someone tell me why this is bannable?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why this is bannable?: I’m so fed up with Xbox. I literally pay for them to tell I’m banned twice a month. I’m paying to get banned at this point and not able to use what I literally am paying for. Here I am playing...
  10. Okay so I got Banned by Xbox Enforsment but they wont tell me why!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay so I got Banned by Xbox Enforsment but they wont tell me why!: 12/28/2023 12:19 AM. I get banned Activity feed ?2stricks 8 days suspension 12/28/2023 12:19 Am. 22 Days suspension Activity Feed 2 strikes 12/28/2023 12:19 AM 365 days suspension Activity feed...