Why is my Xbox off but my steering wheel is on and blinking rapidly

Discus and support Why is my Xbox off but my steering wheel is on and blinking rapidly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My steering wheel is on but my Xbox is off and idk how to fix this 85f79404-05b0-4982-9d2a-f63e7499ac0b Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Aaron Christopher1, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Why is my Xbox off but my steering wheel is on and blinking rapidly

My steering wheel is on but my Xbox is off and idk how to fix this

:)

Aaron Christopher1, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Aaron Christopher1 Win User

It's a Xbox series s and I have a Xbox 1 s I tried it on both and same thing and I don't know what it goes to my grandparents can't remember what version they bought but it is Xbox
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, no problem Aaron, try following the procedures below on your console.

And usually some steering wheels even if they are compatible with Xbox they require a firmware update, see if that's not the case with yours.

The first is a cache cleanup:

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Unplug the wheel however if you are worried about 5 watt per hour which is cents per day

Your tv uses more power off to make sure when you press power it turns on

(Phantom.power )

Ir power that keeps little.of your power tp keep.devices powered and changed for when you turn on the console

Id be worried about if a device didn't use some.power

Your fridge and microwave wouldn't.run until you open etc (uses 1000x more power then a console does when it's off

DDid you know your phone charger uses power while pluged ib even if you don't charge your phone at that time?

5watts

Some devices you can't trust on standby like known bugs.like ps5 which causes fatal errors on hdds
  5. Aaron Christopher1 Win User

I just need to know how to fix it
  6. ngocphi Win User

They don't you just wait for them.to unsync

USB devices stay on stand by so they turn.on with the console. Or stay charged in case of controllers

You can disconnect but you will have to readd everytime they aren't designed to be off completely
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox off but my steering wheel is on and blinking rapidly - Similar Threads - Why off steering

2. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  3. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  4. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  5. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  8. Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...: Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin" in game? I've tried every skin I can, and all of them aren't considered skins....
  9. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  10. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1