Why is my Xbox network test speed latency always 72 or higher?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox network test speed latency always 72 or higher? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; But when I run speed tests from any other device, it’s less than 72 . bf7dbe68-2531-42b2-9095-0c9fdced8d78 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Topsixrows, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Topsixrows
    Topsixrows Guest

But when I run speed tests from any other device, it’s less than 72 .

:)

Topsixrows, Feb 17, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I'm sorry for that but this will really depend if there is any wireless interference etc.

Are you connected using an ethernet cable?
  3. Topsixrows Win User

These are canned responses. I’m not a novice. I’ve done all these things for years. It’s never improved..

I’m looking for real answers or the truth.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are you connected using an ethernet cable or a wireless connection? If you're connected wirelessly there are many things that may have caused this such as bandwidth allocation, wireless strength, etc. It would be best to connect using an ethernet cable.

Also, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware to refresh the connection between your console and your router/modem.

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

You can also check this link as an additional help: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Asus: What servers do the Xbox use for testing

When I run a test network speed & statistics

My latency is like 65 ms. When I run a speed test from Okla or fast.com my latency is 12 ms unloaded and 32 loaded. Why is the latency so much higher on the console test. Now the other 2 test where run on console using the Edge browser. And my Router is
    a RT N66U.
    From what ive seen its testing from their servers in Washington state.
  6. Irixion Win User

Low Ping Signal and Constant Lagging

Low ping = good.

The 'bar' is not ping, it's the general quality of your internet connection, and a latency timer. The higher the latency, the higher the ping, the worse the connection is, the lower the bar will go. I'd do a speed test on an internet browser to see if it's
    your internet connection or not.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox network test speed latency always 72 or higher? - Similar Threads - Why network test

2. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  3. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  4. Why does my network not work but it’s connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my network not work but it’s connected: Why does my network not work but it’s connected and it works to my phone 2fd779ed-70b7-48bd-a746-1c230e30e1a4
  5. Why won't my Xbox one connect to Wi-Fi network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox one connect to Wi-Fi network?: My Xbox one will show my wifi but won't connect at all and when it does it lags and freezes ?? 4d496472-c78a-47c3-a93d-ae0c70d1465f
  6. Why wont my xbox let me change networks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox let me change networks?: My xbox series X doesn't want to connect to the internet. I've tried restarting both console and router, even tried to switch to wifi instead of a wired connection but when i try to set up a...
  7. Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...: Please tell me why am I getting the communication Xbox server Montano error? How do u fix this and why is it happening ? cda1fc7e-2cb3-44ed-bfa6-698c47a11c2a
  8. Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play: yesterday I changed my cross network play to block so I could play on Xbox servers but when I woke up today and tried to change it back to allow a message popped up saying there’s temporary...
  9. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  10. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...