Why is my Xbox breaking power supplies??

Discus and support Why is my Xbox breaking power supplies?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have an Xbox one and it keeps breaking power supplies. My first power supply broke and I figured it was the power supply going. Then I bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZaDe Confuzions, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Why is my Xbox breaking power supplies??

Hello. I have an Xbox one and it keeps breaking power supplies. My first power supply broke and I figured it was the power supply going. Then I bought another one and it worked until I shut it the Xbox off. When I went to turn back on the Xbox the power supply was red and was making a clicking noise. I figured this was a faulty power supply so I went to GameStop and returned it for another one. Then I came back home and plugged in the new power supply and played for a couple hours. Then I shut it off. When I came back it was doing the same thing. It was red and making a clicking noise and the Xbox will not turn off. **** is going on?? The first replacement I plugged it into a surge protector, then the second one I plugged it right into the wall. Both failed.

:)

ZaDe Confuzions, Dec 18, 2022
  2. ZaDe Confuzions Win User

Aftermarket power supplies work for everyone else. If I read the reviews everyone says it works
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

They do sell Xbox One power supplies for the original Xbox One, which is what he seems to have.

Three possibilities

1- You have issues with your household electricity and should call an electrician

2- Super bad luck getting a bad one. These power supplies are ten years old and often used. Capacitors dry out and leak.

3- A fault in the Xbox is breaking them

I take it back to Gamestop and exchange it for another one that you test with your own Xbox in store before trying the other options
  4. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, ZaDe Confuzions

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

It could be that it isn't the right power supply for that Xbox. As far as I am aware, and could be wrong, Microsoft don't sell power supplies individual for the Xbox Series X nor S. Thus, you would have bought a third-party power supply from GameStop which I don'trecommend.

If the original one has broken, you can submit a service request here: Microsoft account | Devices

You will need to click onto the Xbox Console and start the service request process. If it is in warranty, you should be fine. However, if it is not in warranty, then you may need to pay for the service (if this option is available).

To troubleshoot why your Xbox console isn't turning on, please try this article here: My Xbox console won't turn on | Xbox Support

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Aftermarket power supplies work for everyone else. If I read the reviews everyone says it works
    I get that it has worked for everyone else, but it will not be what I recommend others to do. Instead, I would send the Xbox back to Microsoft for them to look at. Is your console in warranty?

It could even be something wrong with the console itself.

Nathan
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it?

Xbox 360 is no longer supported by Microsoft, you'll have to go to use game shop to find one

I will warn you however that power supplies are full of capacitors and capacitors are usually the things that break in electronics, especially as they dry out with age. Your power supply is 18 years old, and so are the other ones that are compatible
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox breaking power supplies?? - Similar Threads - Why breaking power

2. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  3. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  4. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  5. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  6. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  7. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  8. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  9. Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming?: Why isn't Quantum Break playable through Xbox Game Pass cloud streaming? ab4593b4-89fc-4134-a857-0a03b69db2e5
  10. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?: I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or...