why is my Xbox 360 power block flashing dull orange even when not plugged into mains?

Discus and support why is my Xbox 360 power block flashing dull orange even when not plugged into mains? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi my console works ok so far even though it's very old. I only recently noticed so maybe it's been doing this all the time. When I switch power off at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Novalhype, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Novalhype
    Novalhype Guest

why is my Xbox 360 power block flashing dull orange even when not plugged into mains?

Hi my console works ok so far even though it's very old. I only recently noticed so maybe it's been doing this all the time. When I switch power off at main plug the light on power brick keeps flashing a dull orange. Is this something I need to worry about out?

:)

Novalhype, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

If everything is working so far with your console and PSU or power supply unit when you turn them on, it should all be fine.

I think it may be normal that your PSU behaves that way (flashing orange light) because the main plug is switched off, thus, cutting the power. I would suggest to unplug it directly from the main outlet before switching your main plug off.

You can learn more about the Xbox 360 power supply troubleshooting here https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/...
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

If everything is working so far with your console and PSU or power supply unit when you turn them on, it should all be fine.

I think it may be normal that your PSU behaves that way (flashing orange light) because the main plug is switched off, thus, cutting the power. I would suggest to unplug it directly from the main outlet before switching your main plug off.

You can learn more about the Xbox 360 power supply troubleshooting here https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/...
  4. steveox152 Win User

Power Supply Not Working...Light comes on then off

If I unplug everything..and then plug in the power supply..the light stays orange..when I plug the power cable into the xbox..it flashes white and then goes out completely..the console never even attempts to turn on..The console worked flawlessly last night.
  5. D R A K O N Win User

Slim Power Supply Question

I know my question is, is that normal when the light is orange and I pull the power plug out the power is flashing 1 sec. red and go off is that red flashing normal?
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX 360 MAKES A BEEP AND THE POWER BRICK TURNS RED

Check the light on your power supply

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox 360 No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply
    warranty is the same as your console warranty).
Thema:

1. why is my Xbox 360 power block flashing dull orange even when not plugged into mains? - Similar Threads - why 360 power

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  9. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....