Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

Discus and support Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards 738c396a-94d2-4d98-b156-de092f3911a8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ashley Snooks, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards

Why does my Xbox 360 Kinect keep pointing upwards

:)

Ashley Snooks, Jun 9, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Ashley! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Can you tell me more about your issue?

What do you exactly mean by only pointing upwards?
  3. Tormaz Win User

Can Xbox One Kinect sensor be used on Xbox 360?

Hello!

The Xbox One Kinect Sensor only works on the Xbox One (or the One S w/ the adapter). The Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor only works on Xbox 360.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

kinect sports 360 needs to be made compatible for xbox one

Unless if Microsoft makes an Xbox 360 adapter for the Xbox One, this may not be possible.

Xbox 360 Kinect games are programmed specifically for the 360 Kinect Sensor, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor doesn't offer any sort of backward compatibility (afaik). It's likely the reason why there are virtually no 360 Kinect games
    on backward compatibility.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Works the Xbox one kinect together with the xbox 360?

To play the Kinect games released on the Xbox 360, you will have to play them with an Xbox 360 console with the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor.

The Kinect Sensors are not interchangeable between consoles (you cannot use One Sensor on Xbox 360, nor a 360 Sensor on Xbox One), as both Kinect Sensors have different, proprietary Kinect plugs, and the games are specifically programmed to use the exact Kinect
    sensor on the console they were released on.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why?

How is my new Kinect sensor different from the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

The new Kinect for Xbox One features a 1080p camera and can accommodate smaller play spaces than its Xbox 360 predecessor. It also features a 1:1 movement ratio with little to no lag.

Use of the Kinect sensor is optional with Xbox One. But some features, like automatic player identification and voice/gesture control, won’t work without it.

Can I use the Kinect sensor from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Like other Xbox 360 peripherals and accessories, the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 is not compatible with Xbox One, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor is not compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

forums.xbox.com/.../2060179.aspx
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox 360 Kinect sensor only pointing upwards - Similar Threads - Why 360 Kinect

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  4. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  7. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  8. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  9. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  10. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...