Why is my Series X having Bluetooth issues?

Discus and support Why is my Series X having Bluetooth issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got an Xbox Series X around Black Friday 2021. This was the time when next gen consoles were extremely hard to come by due to chip shortages across... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tbritts, Jan 15, 2023.

1. tbritts
    tbritts Guest

I got an Xbox Series X around Black Friday 2021. This was the time when next gen consoles were extremely hard to come by due to chip shortages across the country.

The console worked great for about 2 months. Then, my wireless Turtle Beach headset started to randomly disconnect while I was playing. It wasn't every session, but when it happened, it would happen every 5 minutes for about half an hour. Really frustrating. I bought and returned 3 TB/Astro headsets before I realized it must be an issue with the console.

The problem kept getting worse and I began experiencing simultaneous issues with my wireless controller (Xbox brand). At its worst, both accessories would disconnect and not allow me to reconnect at all without restarting the Xbox. Finally in September 22, I got around to sending the Xbox back to Microsoft for repair. It was returned with no comments and said to have worked fine.

Again, the console worked fine for about two months. I began to experience the issue again in the past few months and it is starting to ramp up. Clearly, there is some issue with the Bluetooth connectivity on the Xbox that is causing the connection to the accessories to cut in and out.

I play with my Xbox on my desk, hardly 2 feet away from me. There is nothing between me and the console to interrupt the signal. All devices are fully up to date in updates and have no other functional issues. I haven't found similar issues online, but haven't looked too hard. Please, if anyone has had similar issues or has a solution, please let me know. I am intending to go to Microsoft and demand a solution to this, because Bluetooth connectivity should not be an issue with technology at this level & price point.

:)

tbritts, Jan 15, 2023
  2. tbritts Win User

I do actually - though it's only been connected for a few months. I'll transfer all my data onto the Xbox and see if I notice any improvement.
  3. ngocphi Win User

You need to contact turtle beach for support
  4. Dani barrett Win User

My 3 controllers all have disconnect problems as well.. I agree its the hardware and they need to fix this..very frustrating.. Why will they not let you call them about it... Theres gonna be a class action lawsuit at some point.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

No Xbox consoles have ever used Bluetooth. Xbox consoles use RF for their accessories to connect.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

do you have an external hdd connected, some of these develop faults that cause them to use more power from the usb and the rf/wifi modules of the xbox are on the same bus.
Thema:

1. Why is my Series X having Bluetooth issues? - Similar Threads - Why Series having

2. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  3. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  4. Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online: Why wont my xbox go online wants me to buy subscription I already pay for it I have just set up new xbox series x ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility / Other***...
  5. Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?: I have set up my Xbox so I don’t have to log in every time yet it still comes up. Then when I put in my password it loads for a bit then a white screen appears. I have tried everything. From...
  6. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?: A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003 continuously! Says no available space to save! On a...
  7. My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?: So I recently got a new series x, and everything has been fine, everything is up to date and I've had no real issues except for one. I have an xbox one copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'd like...
  8. Why is my Xbox series x having a hard time connecting to my internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series x having a hard time connecting to my internet?: I bought my console today and it will sometimes connect to my internet and sometimes won't. What is happening? a4192c68-8a9e-49ac-8c6e-cf4bbf18b791
  9. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  10. Why is my xbox series x flashing its light at me 3 time and I have had this only 4 months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series x flashing its light at me 3 time and I have had this only 4 months: Xbox series X used to crash alot when I first got it and then it stopped for a bit and now it's flashing at me 3 times and crashing my game sending me back to the home screen...