Why is my series s downloading at super slow speeds?

Discus and support Why is my series s downloading at super slow speeds? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically I'm on a 900mbs package with my ISP yet when I do a speed test on my xbox I get less then 250mbs download speeds and when I actually... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ELIT3 TRIIG3RZZ, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Why is my series s downloading at super slow speeds?

So basically I'm on a 900mbs package with my ISP yet when I do a speed test on my xbox I get less then 250mbs download speeds and when I actually download a game I get 50mbs download speeds???? **** IS WRONG?

Before anyone says do this do that.... I have literally tried everything from enabling and disabling setting on my xbox, router ect I have cleared my mac address I have done multiple power cycles I have cleared cache and rest xbox to factory settings and set everything back up with no improvement.

I can also add that my ISP has told me nothing is wrong with my connection or router from there end and it all looks good so my only other thought is it's either the xbox or the xbox servers.

Any other helpful suggestions appreciated.

:)

ELIT3 TRIIG3RZZ, Sep 7, 2022
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Super slow download speeds on Xbox Series S

Hello there @ZoltánZahuczky, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through
    the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

If needed or if it’s dirty or scratched, wipe the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom faces, then re-insert it and try launching again

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. Legends Future Win User

SUPER SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED!

You have to be in the dashboard or not playing any games while you're downloading
  4. aRagingCanadian Win User

Super Slow Download Speed

You can try a few things.. may help.. may not. Hopefully it does.

1. First try running a speed test on your PC/Mac to see if your Internet is acting up.

2. Cancel the download. And try again. (I've done this with other DL's that where going slow and it worked).

3. Cancel the download. Unplug your router/modem and start again.. sometimes a restart of your Internet will boost things.

I am sorry if these don't help. I am not too much of a expert.. but it's only my two cents.

Good luck.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Please do Settings | System Settings | Storage

2) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

3) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi there A Chubby Pie,

When you've been downloading the game, were you playing on Xbox LIVE at the time? Or have you been trying to download it overnight?

Is it possible that you could connect your console via an Ethernet cable?

Connecting to a wired connection is the first test, as it will determine if your wireless network is causing the slow down. I know you've stated your download speed on your computer is over 80Mb/s, but did you run that speed test in the same place your console
    is also located?
Thema:

Why is my series s downloading at super slow speeds?

1. Why is my series s downloading at super slow speeds? - Similar Threads - Why series downloading

2. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  3. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  4. Why is my series x completely re-downloading and installing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my series x completely re-downloading and installing a game?: Why is my series x completely re-downloading and installing a game I already had up to date? All 95 gigs. If I go into the storage device and click on the game it already has them as installed but...
  5. Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series s say installation stopped when I try to download a game: Please help me with this e27504fe-4a78-44ed-9b2f-74d1f58253bc
  6. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...
  7. Why won't my Xbox Series S will not download Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox Series S will not download Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2?: I have it plugged in directly to ethernet. I am not running it on wifi. I have power cycled it. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall it. I have reset my xbox. Is there something going on with...
  8. Why is my xbox series s download is freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s download is freeze: my xbox series s is connected with ether net and my ping is very good and when I bought it it was download normally but now i have a problem with my download speed it’s freeze i tried this : 1-...
  9. Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...: Please help me in this issue a81c5ba7-94f0-474e-8e50-e4eb8d724c0a
  10. Why will games not go to the download queue and download on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why will games not go to the download queue and download on my Xbox series s.: When I try to download a game on my xbox series s that I own, the game will never enter the download queue to start the downloading process. I have turned the console off and on, power cycled the...