Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor?

Discus and support Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my scuf instinct controller, it starts to move my mouse cursor on my desktop. This issue came out of nowhere. I don’t use any of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nate ma, Jan 16, 2023.

  1. nate ma
    nate ma Guest

    Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor?


    When I plug in my scuf instinct controller, it starts to move my mouse cursor on my desktop. This issue came out of nowhere. I don’t use any of the steam controller settings. I’ve never used my controller as a mouse before. Does anyone know why this is happening?

    :)
     
    nate ma, Jan 16, 2023
    #1
  2. andersonpassos Win User

    Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor?

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    good evening

    This issue is likely caused by the controller being recognized as a mouse or other pointing device by your computer. This can happen if the controller's drivers or firmware are out of date or if there is a conflict with other drivers on your system. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:

    Unplug the controller and then plug it back in to ensure it is properly connected.

    Update the drivers for the controller. You can do this by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest drivers.

    Check for any Windows updates and install them. This can fix any conflicts between the controller and the operating system.

    Try using the controller with a different USB port or on a different computer to see if the issue is isolated to your current setup.

    Check the controller settings on your computer and see if there is an option to disable it from acting as a mouse or other pointing device.

    Disable or uninstall any software that may be causing a conflict with the controller.
  3. Carson Keith Win User

    Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S

    Hi, I just tested and with a controller, there is no issue. Just when using a mouse to move the cursor around, the cursor will disappear over the map.
  4. xShiury Win User

    My mouse lag when i make small movements on XSX

    Thanks Jason for you’re answer !

    But when i move my cursor by Microsoft, it jerks. I don’t think its the Game compatibility.

    What’s the polling rate of the mouse on Xbox Serie X ?

    What’s the delay to the answer of the keyboard and after the mouse ?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Strange occurrence with my Xbox controller in Windows 11!

    Normally, the controller can perform basic functions on the desktop like moving the mouse cursor, left and right-clicking, etc. Suddenly all these functions ceased to work and it won't work in any games now either.
    That isn't default behaviour. To get the controller to also work in Windows as a mouse you'll need a third party application. Xbox controllers don't function as a desktop mouse by default.

    Sounds like something you're using to get the controller to emulate a mouse is misbehaving.
  6. anonymous_user642 Win User

    Taskbar appearing in full screen (Windows 11)

    But when I have the reticle fixed at the center, shouldn't the mouse cursor stay in the center too? When I move the reticle down (reticle is still centered), if I keep moving it down my normal cursor pointer will appear, as will the taskbar even though the reticle is still in the center
Thema:

Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor?

Loading...
  1. Why is my scuf Xbox controller moving my mouse cursor? - Similar Threads - Why scuf controller

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...