Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player

Discus and support Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Only dims when I load into blu ray player submitted by /u/BreachN_Clear6 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BreachN_Clear6, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player

/u/BreachN_Clear6, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Draker rE Win User

Xbox One dimming while watching Netflix

Having this issue after the latest update now too in the Blu-Ray Player app.

Screen keeps dimming around the time the controller would turn off.
  3. WillSmithVXR Win User

3D blu-ray

[quote user="mr nick monkey"]Sorry if this has been covered before but does anyone know when 3D blu-ray is going to supported as my player is on its way out?

[/quote]

Why not buy a 3D blu-ray player its not like they cost much and the Xbox One uses software for Blu-ray playback unlike proper Blu-ray players.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

Not sure if this helps or not as it is an older post...not sure there is an option to turn it off completely but:

"Go to Settings, select Preferences, and hit Idle options. Now, uncheck “Show me things when idle.” This should get rid of the idle problem.

I don't have screen dimming on my Xbox One when using Blu-ray or DVD's and I have that option unchecked as recommended."

From this thread about idle/dimming while watching discs:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g-dvd-or/ae41cd6e-cd52-4d0d-b2bc-3bbaacd9354b
  5. Starseid Win User

Xbox goes dark when watching movies

Its a known bug that generally affects Blu-rays and a few streaming services and is related to the screen saver feature on your Xbox. From my experience, it will persist across resets. The quickest fix is to go to your settings, Then go to preferences,
    then go to Idle options. Scroll over to the Dim screen settings and set it to the maximum of 60 minutes to give you the longest amount of time without interruption. Hopefully the next update can give us a disable Dimming Option.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Blu-ray will not play correctly on Xbox one

Hello Brian J, my name is zahir.

I will try to assist you. Please can you tell me exactly what is happening when you play a blu ray disc?

I can provide you with some basic tips so long.

Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox

To watch Blu-ray or DVD movies on your Xbox console, you first need to install the Blu-ray Player app. To install the app, choose one of the following options.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Home, and then select Store.

Select Search and enter Blu-ray in the search bar. Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears in the list of results.

Select Install to download and install the app.

Insert a Blu-ray or DVD disc into your Xbox.

Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears.

On the Blu-ray Player app details page, select Install.

Your disc should start playing automatically.

After the app is installed, you can watch Blu-ray or DVD movies by inserting the disc into your Xbox console and selecting Blu-ray Player on the Home screen, or by finding it under My games & apps

Thank you
Thema:

Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player

1. Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player - Similar Threads - Why screen going

2. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  3. Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2: So some times when I want to play a game and I switch to hdmi2 my screen will be black, I can here the xbox sounds but it's a black screen and it's not a flicker, the moment I switch to hdmi2 the...
  4. Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one s keeps going to the home screen when I play grand theft auto 5: Everytime I play grand theft auto 5 it keeps going to the home screen 0954a890-d404-4d94-9eb1-b31c4b473abc
  5. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  6. Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?: I have to put my Microsoft password in every time and now it’s on a white screen only.I’ve tried the recommended soft reset and now it’s only a white screen and can only bring up the option to...
  7. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d
  8. why does my xbox screen go black

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox screen go black: every time i turn my xbox one on it goes to a black screen but i still get notifications at the bottom of my screen like my friends are online and ive tried to restart my console and turn it off...
  9. Why does it still update but it keeps going back to the try again screen and then back to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it still update but it keeps going back to the try again screen and then back to...: Why does it still update but it keeps going back to the try again screen and then back to the update and still updates it is very annoying 7c508d10-eda0-4580-9a00-b97ea664e1e5
  10. Why does my screen go black after switching from 60Hz to 120Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen go black after switching from 60Hz to 120Hz: My screen turns black when I switch from 60Hz to 120Hz. My xbox is xbox series S. I am using a 24’ koorui 165Hz monitor. I am also using the high speed HDMI that came with my console. This issue...