Why is my power cable so loose

Discus and support Why is my power cable so loose in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On the Xbox series X I have found myself and other users are struggling with a loose power cable that's supposedly a feature but in retrospect seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The legend 110, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Why is my power cable so loose

On the Xbox series X I have found myself and other users are struggling with a loose power cable that's supposedly a feature but in retrospect seems like an over sight .

Why you may ask? That's because the cable unplugs with just a little movement or slack in the wire and with this """great""" feature you don't even know if you plugged it in correctly with no click and somehow dispite having to use force and pressure to plug it in right it still can fall out with just one wrong move .(speaking of wrong moves did anybody even try to see if the design for the power cable even worked before selling it) this is an issue for 2 reasons

1. The cable is difficult to plug in And may even damage the pins.

2. It stops working after like 2 years of working well. With this information and the fact the controllers break within 3 months seems like a big scam to squeeze every single dollar from our pockets without even trying to hide it

:)

The legend 110, Mar 23, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

I understand your frustration with the loose power cable on your Xbox series X. While I cannot speak for Microsoft or the design team behind the Xbox series X, I can suggest a few potential reasons why this might be happening.

Firstly, it's possible that the design team intentionally made the power cable connection looser in order to prevent damage to the console if the cable were to be accidentally pulled or yanked out. A loose connection might allow the cable to disconnect more easily, but it could also prevent the console from being damaged if the cable were pulled too hard. However, I understand that this may not be a desirable feature for all users, and that it can be frustrating to have the cable disconnect so easily.

Secondly, it's possible that the cable itself is faulty or damaged, which could be causing the connection to be even looser than intended. If you have tried multiple power cables and they all seem to have the same issue, it's possible that the console itself may be the problem.

In any case, if you are having problems with the power cord, I recommend that you open a service order for repair if you feel it is necessary. Also, it is important to handle the cable carefully when connecting or removing it from the console, as excessive force or pulling can damage the pins or the connector itself.

to request repair, it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne....
  3. JoeSchiavone Win User

Loose Power Cable?

Is it the kettle flex part that is loose?
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Loose Power Cable?

Does it still work okay? I checked mine and it moves a little bit as well, but I haven't had any problems as of yet and I have had a S unit since it came out.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Loose Power Cable?

Hi. Can you be a little more specific if possible? Do you mean it is loose where it connects to the back of the console or a different place?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Loose Power Cable?

If it's the cable that is loose, then try pushing it in further. If it's the connection in the power supply that is loose, then you will need another power supply.
Thema:

1. Why is my power cable so loose - Similar Threads - Why power cable

2. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  3. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  4. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  5. Why my Xbox One will not power up

in XBoX on Windows
    Why my Xbox One will not power up: My Xbox One will not power up c39f5ad4-a395-478a-89c7-a9dbdb5e2c90
  6. Why won’t my Xbox power on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox power on: My Xbox powers on but nothing comes up on my monitor I’ve tried to switch the HDMI and still nothing works. Also when I try to reset it using the eject button nothing happens it doesn’t make the...
  7. Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one make a sound but doesn’t power up: Why does my Xbox make a noise but not power up 35ad5878-5101-414d-a890-e2401c080513
  8. Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one power brick randomly power off when I'm in games like Fortnite but not...: Sometimes the power supply randomly shuts off. Then I plug it out for 10 seconds it comes back on, no light flashes it's just the usual orange and white light I'm confused why this happens and why...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox go of the update screen when I power it on: When I power on my Xbox on it goes straight to the update screen it won’t let me do the update it then takes me to the trouble shoot asking me if I want to reset the Xbox I try to do the reset and...
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E power supply immediately turn from orange to green back to orange...: Well my Xbox 360 power button flashed for 2 seconds or more after turn on but the console immediately shuts down even when plugged intp the wall socket And no, my wall socket has no issues....