Why is my ping so high?

Discus and support Why is my ping so high? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been a problem for years now for a lot of people. My ping is over 140 and its only on Xbox! Not on my isp or PC When I try to use Remote play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SureEdwin9Tjean, Dec 26, 2022.

  1. Why is my ping so high?


    This has been a problem for years now for a lot of people. My ping is over 140 and its only on Xbox! Not on my isp or PC

    When I try to use Remote play on a local network it is unplayable! My guess is because it needs to connect to Microsoft servers to verify things. This causes stuttering because of the high ping

    Remote play used to also work without an isp if you were on a local network. It was so great and ran so smooth caused it tookt full advantage of your router without speed and bandwidth limitations

    Please Microsoft

    :)
     
    SureEdwin9Tjean, Dec 26, 2022
    #1
  2. JoETwEKnMAN3 Win User

    Why is my ping so high

    Ha wrong idiotic u say there diff servers ha d line wow
  3. JoETwEKnMAN3 Win User

    Why is my ping so high

    Xbl servers your isp distance dns im fiber 1 line n xbl still low 10s with 1gig dwn n 1 up 60 month xbl has worst infrastructure
  4. Georges C. Win User

    Why is my ping so high?

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

    Hello SureEdwin9Tjean, the high ping in the console test actually happens because it tests on the Xbox servers, while when you test on the PC your browser is testing your connection between your home and your ISP, so it will always be higher fast.

    However when it comes to downloads on Xbox, the download is done from the developers' servers so the transfer rate may vary from game to game.

    What can help to improve is connecting your console by network cable, if it is on wi-fi and changing your DNS to a public DNS like Google or Cloudflare.

    Cloudflare

    Primary - 1.1. 1.1 and

    Secondary - 1.0. 0.1

    Google

    Primary - 8.8. 8.8

    Secondary - 8.8.4.4

    As for the remote play, it only uses the internal network, try to check if you have your devices connected to the 5.0Ghz frequency instead of the 2.4.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Why is my ping so high?

    Your ping is to the Xbox servers, not your local network.

    Are you sure you're not playing on the cloud?
  6. Alex Adams2 Win User

    Why is my ping so high

    He could also use an English class
Thema:

Why is my ping so high?

Loading...
  1. Why is my ping so high? - Similar Threads - Why ping high

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why am I getting higher ping on one account compared to the other?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting higher ping on one account compared to the other?: I'm having an issue where I am experiencing higher ping on one account than others. On my main account my ping is more than double on my alternate accounts. I started having this problem a little...
  8. Why is the series X ping so high

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the series X ping so high: Why is my ping around 80 when playing thru the xbox but if I'm playing the same game on geforce now thru edge browser, also on the xbox, it's 10. My ping was much lower on the one X as well, it...
  9. Why can't my roblox ping go below 250?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my roblox ping go below 250?: My ping in Roblox seems can only be around 250 and it wont go lower or much higher than that. My internet is generally pretty good but this issue persists with games like Roblox, Honkai Star Rail,...
  10. why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my ping spike when using my controller i am using a wired powera fusion pro 3 and...: very bad ping spikes when using powera fusion pro 3 wired controller it also happens on ps5 controller and xbox one controller but it doesn't happen when using mouse or keyboard its so annoying...