Why is my party chat not working?

Discus and support Why is my party chat not working? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; my profile pic is blank and my gamertag is blank with the default green account color 12c1b7fe-9e3e-4477-899c-0f1e57893a2c Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by KTA Benji, Nov 2, 2022.

1. KTA Benji
    KTA Benji Guest

my profile pic is blank and my gamertag is blank with the default green account color

:)

KTA Benji, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Gr8OdinzRavn Win User

Team Chat? Select Fire?

Is that what the problems is??? The damn in game chat thing doesn't work?? Well... it works when I join with a party of my own friends... outside of party chat. Why wouldn't it work with other people too?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This can be related to the current service alert which according to Xbox support: "We are aware that users are encountering issues with their friends list, gamertags and profiles." https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

But to try and fix this, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. SgS_x_Viper Win User

Can’t hear ingame chat on twitch stream

Fr tho.... party chat works its game chat, as in in-game voice chat that doesn’t work and no one seems to know why.
  5. LHC95 Win User

XBox one party chat unavaliable

I found that out too but when I did it the party chat worked once and when I joined another party it didn't work. Peoples party chats work all the time I wonder why it does it for some and not others
  6. ozLIONHEARTzo Win User

Xbox One Party issue

took me ages to figure on fifa when someone sends me party chat,that you have to snap,then bring up party chat and have to turn party chat on to get it to work,why it dont just change to party chat when you first accept the party message is any ones guess
Thema:

1. Why is my party chat not working? - Similar Threads - Why party chat

2. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  3. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  4. why is Party chat transcription not available for windows 10/11 users yet?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is Party chat transcription not available for windows 10/11 users yet?: My friend has been using the Text-to-speech (read text out loud to all players in the Xbox party) to communicate in party's with us for years because they have a speech impediment that makes it...
  5. Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?: So i can't wear a headset for long periods of time, thus i only use party chat with friends (where i can talk through the mic, but have their voice come through my TV) ..why is this only...
  6. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  7. Why is my party chat banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my party chat banned: I used explicit language over text, to someone who was abusing the game. As punishment, I was chat banned. This is 100% okay, and I understand and accept my penalty. However, 30 minutes later, I...
  8. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  9. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  10. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...