Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

Discus and support Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Caleb Volz, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Caleb Volz
    Caleb Volz Guest

Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I never have issues with it. I was hoping to find the solution to this issue so I don’t have any more lag using my wireless controller.

:)

Caleb Volz, Jun 2, 2023
  2. TW1STED PH4NT0M Win User

Calibrating Xbox 360 and a tv?

Silent Paradigm isn't wrong, however aside from turning off your advanced setting i.e noise reduction, mpeg reduction,and or motion flow... what you may also be experiencing is known as game lag, however it is not as the name would suggest. Game lag is
    caused when wireless signals are lost or skewed between a wireless controller and console causing gamplay to be slightly groggy. This is why most mlg players prefer wired controllers or smaller hdtvs. A wired controller offers a direct kinection between controller
    and console aliminating signal loss all together, where as a smaller hdtv forces the player to sit closer to the console aliminating possible signal loss with a wireless controller.
  3. Caleb Volz Win User

Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired elite controller doesn’t?? How do I fix this issue??

Thank you for the response however I did this and the same issue is still happening.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired elite controller doesn’t?? How do I fix this issue??

Wireless controllers have approximately 25 ms of lag built into them, but that is so far in excess of human reaction time it shouldn't make a difference

More likely you have some form of interference in your home. Do you have any smart devices such as lights, thermostats, or cordless phones?
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly check if there is an update for your new Xbox Wireless Controller by following the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Using your controller's D-Pad, navigate to Profile & system, then select Settings.

3. Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

4. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

5. In the firmware version box, select “Update” then follow the steps provided."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Caleb Volz Win User

How would that cause interference??
Thema:

1. Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired... - Similar Threads - Why regular wireless

2. why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?: xbox series x kicks out to home screen only on certain games, no error message is shown. i have soft rest, hard reset and even reset the console totally. games like destiny, starfield, assassins...
  3. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  4. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  5. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  6. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  7. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  8. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  9. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  10. Why isn't the regular Minecraft playable even with the separate Preview build?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't the regular Minecraft playable even with the separate Preview build?: Hello. I am having problems with launching the regular version of Minecraft. I have a preview version that is separate from the main game, but ever since I got it, I wasn't able to play the main...