Why is my new desktop internet and download speed so slow ?

Discus and support Why is my new desktop internet and download speed so slow ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone , I just got a new Gaming Desktop from BestBuy. Running on Windows 11 and Wi-Fi, Went to download a game needing 54.9 GB this took... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anibal Santaolaya, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Why is my new desktop internet and download speed so slow ?

Hello Everyone ,

I just got a new Gaming Desktop from BestBuy. Running on Windows 11 and Wi-Fi, Went to download a game needing 54.9 GB this took over 2 days to fully download. Gameplay is super slow. I connected my pc to my phones hotspot and it immediately was better but still slow. not sure what steps I need to take on my new pc. I also have a gaming laptop with pretty much same specs that also has no issues while using Wi-Fi and playing said game and downloading.

Any information would greatly be appricatted.

I've tried to updated the drivers also made sure my correct region is selected when downloading still no luck.

I am currently running a CyberPowerPC - Gamer Master Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5700 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - 1TB HDD + 500GB SSD .

Thank you in advanced!

-

:)

Anibal Santaolaya, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Anibal, this is just a symptom that your network is not getting a good connection to the live servers.

To improve, you need to configure correctly.

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. SnakeDoc2xx Win User

Installation stopped 0x87e0000f

im trying to download ryse son of rome and I get to 75% and it stops downloading. I am using a disc to install it.my download speed is 0.05 and the upload speed is 0.12 Im new to console gaming and I live out in the country so this is the only internet I
    can get any help why its so slow
  4. taidara Win User

How to fix slow download speed on Xbox one S

Hello dear Xbox support

I have a problem on my Xbox one S, the problem is slow internet speed, its between 200kB/s and 80kB/s, and the problem start before 10 days ago.

I tried to solve this problem by :

1- restarting Xbox and still download slow.

2- restarting my router but still the same problem.

3- unplug the wired cable and plug it again, but still the same problem.

4- connecting my Xbox to wifi connection, same problem.

5- testing my internet speed on my laptop by using the same cable (wired connection) and the speed is like usual 1.5 mB/s, and upload is 220 kB/s.

6- change wifi password and disconnect all devices from connecting to my internet, still the same slow damn download speed.

7- trying to test my internet speed on Xbox and my internet speed was : 9.19 mbps, and that's my natural internet speed, so the problem not from my internet provider.

8- trying to re-download the games that I want to download and updates, still the same **** download speed.

9- trying downloading new games, same slow download speed.

10- testing some DNS's, nothing new, same slow download speed.

11- resetting my xbox one S (not full reset) and trying to download games and updates, same problem.

I tried anything you can imagine, any new ideas guys ?
    Now i just bought red dead redemption, imagine how time I need to download 101GB with 80kB/s speed!

There's one think I can tell is Xbox limited download speed from their servers, and I'm from morocco.

I hope I can solve this problem. and By the way yesterday I want to download microsoft edge for testing, and the download speed was the same as on my Xbox xD, 80kB/s. and I'm downloading and watching movies with 1.2mB/s
    Are you connected through landline, or through a celllular service?

Since Marocco is not among the countries/regions where the Live service is supported, so how do you connect your console to Xbox Live? Through a VPN service?
  5. ouchekkirabdelmouain Win User

Hi, I think because of the Corona quarantine and since everyone is currently @home the burden on online services and Internet providers is extremely high at the moment. This is likely to result in lower download values, especially in cities
    Maybe, I was thinking of that too, if ISP limited my download speed that's mean the same download will be in Xbox and laptop, then I can understand why the download is slow, but why I'm still can download files with full speed on my laptop but on Xbox extremely
    slow ?
  6. ouchekkirabdelmouain Win User

Hello dear Xbox support

I have a problem on my Xbox one S, the problem is slow internet speed, its between 200kB/s and 80kB/s, and the problem start before 10 days ago.

I tried to solve this problem by :

1- restarting Xbox and still download slow.

2- restarting my router but still the same problem.

3- unplug the wired cable and plug it again, but still the same problem.

4- connecting my Xbox to wifi connection, same problem.

5- testing my internet speed on my laptop by using the same cable (wired connection) and the speed is like usual 1.5 mB/s, and upload is 220 kB/s.

6- change wifi password and disconnect all devices from connecting to my internet, still the same slow damn download speed.

7- trying to test my internet speed on Xbox and my internet speed was : 9.19 mbps, and that's my natural internet speed, so the problem not from my internet provider.

8- trying to re-download the games that I want to download and updates, still the same **** download speed.

9- trying downloading new games, same slow download speed.

10- testing some DNS's, nothing new, same slow download speed.

11- resetting my xbox one S (not full reset) and trying to download games and updates, same problem.

I tried anything you can imagine, any new ideas guys ?
    Now i just bought red dead redemption, imagine how time I need to download 101GB with 80kB/s speed!

There's one think I can tell is Xbox limited download speed from their servers, and I'm from morocco.

I hope I can solve this problem. and By the way yesterday I want to download microsoft edge for testing, and the download speed was the same as on my Xbox xD, 80kB/s. and I'm downloading and watching movies with 1.2mB/s
    Are you connected through landline, or through a celllular service?

Since Marocco is not among the countries/regions where the Live service is supported, so how do you connect your console to Xbox Live? Through a VPN service?

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using cellular connection (4G), without any VPN or proxy ...

and yes i'm connecting to xbox live
Thema:

1. Why is my new desktop internet and download speed so slow ? - Similar Threads - Why desktop internet

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  4. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  5. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  8. Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...: A couple question: 1: Can't set as desktop background when your offline. 2: Captures only available to set as desktop background, when you capture something onto internal harddrive only and must...
  9. Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?: Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC? A logged XBOX user may have the capability to control their windows PC with a mouse and keyboard. Technically...
  10. Why does Deep Rock Galactic randomly send me to my desktop out of the blue without warning?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Deep Rock Galactic randomly send me to my desktop out of the blue without warning?: I started to use the Windows 10 version of Deep Rock Galactic more and more since my friends started to get into the game more and more. But every time I load up the game, it crashes within the...