Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?

Discus and support Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; To begin, I am on Windows 10 OS I use a separate microphone (HyperX Quadcast S) that isn't connected to my headset I have checked connectivity... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by  ‏‏‎ ‎1, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party?

To begin,

• I am on Windows 10 OS
    • I use a separate microphone (HyperX Quadcast S) that isn't connected to my headset
    • I have checked connectivity and resolved my issue with teredo
      • It hasn't helped my audio to be sent to the party.
    • I've checked and i've reseted the Xbox app and xbox game bar on multiple occasions
      • It didn't resolve my issue.
    • I've restarted and synced time and date on multiple occasions.
    • I can hear people in the party but they can't hear me
      • My microphone is perfectly connected and is audible
        • I've used obs, discord, and sound settings to check audio.
      • I was able to be heard on Thursday but yesterday(Fri) and today I've had no luck.
    • I didn't install anything on my pc this past week
    • I've updated through windows and nothing new came up
    • I've reconnected and disconnected my microphone and nothing has changed
    • I've signed out and signed in to my current xbox account through MS and Xbox App
      • I have separate emails on pc and the on my xbox account
    • I've checked privacy settings and had saw nothing different
    I don't know what happened to make my input not be read and relayed into the party chat despite my input working everywhere else

• I've checked if i was muted
    • There is no error message.
    • System information follows:
      • Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
      • Windows 10 OS Home
      • x-64 based pc
      • *if any other information is needed I will add more
    '

:)

 ‏‏‎ ‎1, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Ian Cope1 Win User

I'm having the same issue with my quadcast mic. Works on everything. I can use in game chat with games like sea of thieves but not xbox party chat. I have my input selected correctly and I can see my voice being picked up in the audio settings for the game bar app but the circle around my Xbox user portrait is not lighting up when I push to talk. Also not getting anything when I turn push to talk off.

However it does work when I plug in my headset microphone. Even with my quadcast mic set as default input device.
  3.  ‏‏‎ Win User

Like I said just a couple days ago, i've checked on multiple occasions for my input and it's the right input, i've tried using a micrpohone built into my headset but same outcome, nothing happened. It doesnt show that I have a communication ban, and trying on a different account with the same input and outputs doesn't show that I'm speaking too.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened.

When did the issue start to occur? Has it been like that since then?
    Have you already checked your Xbox app or Game Bar’s audio settings input/output?
    How about you use a mic that’s built in to a headset?

To confirm if it’s not an account issue, check your account through https://enforcement.xbox.com/ if you received any communication ban.

To further isolate the issue, try to perform a clean boot. There could be some 3rd party services causing the issue.
    https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...

Alternatively, you could try to test it out on a different Windows user or admin account. You may create one by using the guide below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/create-a-....
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Mic suddenly stopped working

Hi StuAvis,

I read through the entire thread and essentially from all of your testing, everything points to the console being the issue, but it's difficult to pinpoint why that's the case if you've done all of the resets and nothing seems to have changed.

Just to confirm when you say a proper reset you are referring to a
    factory reset
    correct?

Also it seems like the only thing that is not working is the transmission of your voice audio over Xbox Live so that your friends can hear you since you say the stereo audio works fine and the indicators that you've seen show that the headset and mic is
    being recognized by the controller. When you are in the party chat and you are speaking through the mic, does the background of your profile picture radiate in response to your voice? That is an indicator that the microphone is picking up the audio. Does it
    say that you are Disconnected in the party chat at all? Also in the party chat options go ahead and turn on the party overlay which shows you icons when someone is speaking including yourself. Check to see if your name is popping up when you speak into the
    mic.

If your headset has a detachable microphone, go ahead and unplug it and then re-attach the microphone.
  6. Highland3r Win User

"The sample rate for your microphone isn't supported" - Mic already enabled in Privacy Settings

Thanks for the help so far but I am still getting the same error.

I tried everything on your list many of which I have tried already. The troubleshooter does not detect any issues and therefore cannot fix my problem.
    This is a mid tower desktop PC, NOT a laptop so that part I could not perform.

Please read this carefully!

The XBOX APP is the ONLY application that cannot utilize the microphone.
    Everything else works about the XBOX App except for the microphone in party chat.

I can use the microphone in team speak, discord, and in-game chat on CS:GO, OverWatch, all without any issues! I can use the microphone on Skype and every other VOIP application I have without a problem!

Once again, XBOX App is the only application having an issue with my microphone and this only happens with XBOX App in party chat.

When I start a new party or join a party I have tried both, I get the following error and cannot use the microphone.

[​IMG]

I really think that there is a bug with the application regarding my Realtek sound chipset . Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Please advise, Thanks!
Thema:

1. Why is my microphone not being read by the xbox party? - Similar Threads - Why microphone being

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  4. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  5. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  6. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  7. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  8. Why is my usb microphone not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my usb microphone not working?: I have tried everything suggested by the microphone company and from YouTube videos. When I test my microphone in the computer settings, it detects my voice but extremely low even when I tap on...
  9. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...
  10. Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my microphone quality on Xbox's Discord voice chatso bad?: I've found that the quality of my microphone while talking in a Discord voice channel on Xbox is significantly worse than it is in a regular Xbox party or when I'm in a Discord voice call on my...