why is my Mac lagging harder than my brother Chromebook?

Discus and support why is my Mac lagging harder than my brother Chromebook? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’m playing on Xbox cloud gaming on a MacBook Pro and it’s lagging a lot worse than my brother who’s playing on a chromebook, we are both playing on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Melvin Powell III, May 7, 2023.

1. why is my Mac lagging harder than my brother Chromebook?

I’m playing on Xbox cloud gaming on a MacBook Pro and it’s lagging a lot worse than my brother who’s playing on a chromebook, we are both playing on the same network, I don’t know if it’s a problem with my device or Xbox cloud gaming, if there’s any ways that I can upgrade my performance please let me know, thanks

:)

Melvin Powell III, May 7, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Cloud gaming doesn't require a lot of processing power and your Mac seems to be compatible

In this case please try creating a new user in your Mac and see if you can get a better experience

If maybe you need to know how to do that, check this article
    https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-...

I suggest this just in case there is a program installed in your Mac interfering in some way with your internet connection
  3. WattyNuela Win User

4. WattyNuela Win User

Melvin may I know if you're able to test the cloud gaming feature with a different Wi-Fi network?

At the moment I didn't see similar threads reporting something similar with cloud gaming.

Also, please try using Microsoft Edge if you're using a different web browser
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Melvin, if maybe the problem persist I can recommend you to send this feedback to the cloud gaming team using the "Give feedback" option once you click in your profile picture

You can add in the report your PC model, the OS used and more helpful information

[​IMG]
  6. Melvin Powell III Win User

I have the MacBook Pro 13inchwith the Touch Bar and it’s running so he latest macOS
Thema:

1. why is my Mac lagging harder than my brother Chromebook? - Similar Threads - why Mac lagging

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  5. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  8. Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isnt there a xbox app for mac os?: Like they have it for IOS and pc but not mac and macOS? 301b2295-14c2-4c21-8aeb-da5451cb0451
  9. Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting the alternative MAC address needed error?. I’ve tried everything...: Please contact me at [mod removed - personal information] 81c7a520-d725-4133-9280-61ecb09af3ad
  10. Why do I have to clear my alternate mac dress every time I try to play my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to clear my alternate mac dress every time I try to play my Xbox?: Every time I try to play online games, I have to go through and reset/clear my alternate MAC address 236bb675-c776-4c47-84d2-7cfdcb3050e5