Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in

Discus and support Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so my brother has a gaming pc hardwired, I have an Xbox x hardwired. my speeds go to 94 mbps download and 70 upload with 70ms latency and 20-30% packet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Angus Stevenson, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in

so my brother has a gaming pc hardwired, I have an Xbox x hardwired. my speeds go to 94 mbps download and 70 upload with 70ms latency and 20-30% packet loss. if I unplug his pc it goes to 1100mbps upload and 995 download with no packet or latency, but he can’t play. And if he plugs it in it lags for both of us. Anyone know Why is his computer taking so much and any solutions? I’ve tried restarting the router and change things on my Xbox nothings worked

:)

Angus Stevenson, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your network problem.

This might be an issue with the router or the internet connection that you have because it only happens when 2 devices are connected. You might want to check with your internet provider to increase the bandwidth or check with them some options to change your router settings so you can connect 2 devices without issues at a time.

This has nothing to do with any of your devices but this is definitely a problem with the network.
  3. OutlandishJones Win User

Why is my internet on Xbox so slow

Sorry you’ve been having repeated issues, are there a lot of people connected to your Wi-Fi? I think there’s something else going on, but if there’s competition for the bandwidth on the network it would make your connection issues worse. If you’ve tried everything already, I would definitely consider getting an Ethernet cord like L4c3rd4 suggested so you can hardwire your Xbox to the internet (if possible). This will give the Xbox priority on your network.

Hope everything works out
  4. PatrickLincoln Win User

Hello, I have done most of what you have just said in the past and after I did the reset of the console it had the internet problem.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

How odd. Never seen this happens. Have you tried all the procedures I sent you already?
  6. PatrickLincoln Win User

All but the internet provider one.
Thema:

1. Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in - Similar Threads - Why internet slow

2. Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect to the Internet?: I have been having issues with getting my Xbox Series X connecting to the WiFi but not connecting to the Internet. When I got it in 2023 it was connecting with no issues but recently it just won't...
  3. My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet, and I don’t know why: My Xbox Series S isn’t connecting to my Ethernet, it’s is saying That the service is unavailable, but every time I connect to a computer it’s working. I tried wireless connection but its connects...
  4. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  5. Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin"...: Why is it that every Minecraft skin I download off the internet is basically "not a skin" in game? I've tried every skin I can, and all of them aren't considered skins....
  6. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  8. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  9. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  10. Why is my xbox Internet slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox Internet slow?: I have a 1000Mbps Internet connection. I connect my xbox one to the router using a cat 6 cable for it to use the Internet but the download speed is always <100Mbps. How to make it faster?...