Why is my headset crackling and popping constantly?

Discus and support Why is my headset crackling and popping constantly? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My audio is always crackling. Before you answer my question with a dumb question, like "have you tried restarting your router?", please take the time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilasJohn2001, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Why is my headset crackling and popping constantly?

My audio is always crackling. Before you answer my question with a dumb question, like "have you tried restarting your router?", please take the time to read the below description.

I have a brand new $200 SteelSeries headset called Arctis 9X for Xbox, compatible with Xbox One and Series XS. No matter what game I'm playing, every 2 seconds there's annoying popping/crackling occurring. Sometimes (in the case of Modern Warfare, usually)
    the popping is constant, non-stop, the game itself seems to lag WITH the popping sounds. The issue didn't start when I got this headset, however. For the past couple years, I've learned to live with terrible popping in older games like Halo 5 and MCC. At that
    time, I was using wired TASCAM studio headphones, so my CONTROLLER was the cause of the popping. I cannot figure out why on earth this is happening to me. Every person I ask just tells me to restart stuff. They don't understand I've literally been struggling
    for YEARS. I live in a CA neighborhood, not in the middle of nowhere. I have great WiFi, and every other bluetooth-connected device in my house works flawlessly. And for more of "those kinds of people" reading this: YES, I HAVE RESTARTED STUFF OVER AND OVER
    EVERY TIME THEY ASK ME TO.

By the way (if you've managed to read this far; most don't bother), this issue has followed me into the next generation of xbox, the Series X. So for more of "those people", my old xbox one was a NOT DEFECTIVE.

If anyone else has this issue, or knows how to fix it, please let me know!

PS. The SteelSeries firmware updates DO NOT fix popping and crackling, but they have fixed weird connection/disconnection problems.

And before you try to blame my gaming setup for causing interference, I must say I have switched out chairs, tv stands, ethernet cables, and I've moved my router very far away from my Xbox. Nothing is constant in my setup except the issue, which persists
    no matter what.

:)

SilasJohn2001, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Beastt lol Win User

Turtle Beach X07 headset

I have the xo 7's and have the same problem. Whenever i scroll through the dashboard i hear a pop here and there. When I'm in like the title screen of destiny, I hear it constantly. Wirelessly, it stops the popping momentarily then it returns after a little
    while. Wired, there is no stopping the popping/crackling. I tried plugging ipod earphones in to the adapter and the popping/crackling was still present. Which leads me to believe the problem IS the adapter. I also tried switching the wire, controller and yes
    I did update my controller. I also tested my headset on my laptop and my phone. The sound is crystal clear. Microsoft find a fix for this!
  3. Chacepoint Win User

Stereo Headset adapter...crackling audio

I have this issue as well... I am experiencing faint crackling pops constantly. Is Microsoft still working in this issue?
  4. Kurt Mathews Win User

XBOX ONE Stereo Headset Static Post March patch...... Does it happen to you?

Just got the XO seven. I've tried using other headsets with the adapter and it doesn't matter - crackling and popping. Restarting the controller fixes this for a minute or two, but it eventually starts crackling again. VERY frustrating.
  5. englishbulldog802 Win User

Audio popping and crackling in headphones

There isn't a router between my controller and console and I don't think neighbours' routers' would cause interference if that's what you're getting at since my router is closest anyway.

I'm really confused. I was using a Turtle beach audio controller with my headset. I unplugged that and plugged the headset directly to the controller and that seemed to lessen the popping. So does interference cause popping and crackling? When I move my
    controller really far away from my console, my headset starts to crackle before disconnecting so you could be right.
  6. D e N i 3 D Win User

Xbox one elite controller issue

Anyone have any advice? When headset is plugged in I hear crackling and popping also, don't know if that adds to defective controller as well or its normal
Thema:

Why is my headset crackling and popping constantly?

1. Why is my headset crackling and popping constantly? - Similar Threads - Why headset crackling

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  4. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  5. Why is my headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my headset not working: Hi I bought this ear force recon chat headset it dosent work in my Xbox controller but if i plug it in a different controller it works also if i plug in a different headset it works on my...
  6. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  9. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  10. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turtle beach xbox wireless crackle

2. steelseries 9x sound cracking

3. arctis 9x crackling series x