Why is my headset chat mixer grayed out. My controller is updated

Discus and support Why is my headset chat mixer grayed out. My controller is updated in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller is updated. And reset my xbox multiple times. Nothing works. 52c98ada-d3ea-4f3a-8c53-38e955c88fa5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joel2006tiny firth, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Why is my headset chat mixer grayed out. My controller is updated

My controller is updated. And reset my xbox multiple times. Nothing works.

:)

joel2006tiny firth, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello joel2006tiny firth,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you are trying to use your headset's chat mixer however, it is greyed out in the selection. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We know how important it is for you to use your headset's chat mixer. May we know if you connected your headset to your controller? Or after you updated the controller, the headset audio issue happened?

We would like to ask if you setup your audio to be outputted through your headset? Please see the Xbox Console's setting and setup your audio as your headset. Ensure that the headset can be tested before you proceed with chat mixer.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    3. Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.
    4. Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

Note The audio setup options in this list will vary depending on the audio setup your console detects. The console will only display the options that are available to test.
    5. Watch the animations displayed as the test is running to determine if the audio is not playing back through a specific speaker in your setup and troubleshoot that speaker if you notice any playback errors.
    See if you can adjust your settings for the chat mixer. You may check that through the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    3. Under Advanced, select Additional options, and then select Chat mixer.
    4. Select one of the available options.
    For more details options available for the headset, please check these support articles:

Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Jake Heinaman Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you see an icon of Microphone being cross out it would mean that the volume of your microphone is muted. Can you check for any settings of your headset to increase the volume? You can refer to the manual of your headset on how to adjust the volume.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

6. Jake Heinaman Win User

Thank you for the clarification on that icon but the headphones I use are small wired earbuds that I connect directly to the controller so there are no buttons except for 1 that I have no idea what it does. The headphones I use are wired onn. earbuds if that helps in anyway
Thema:

1. Why is my headset chat mixer grayed out. My controller is updated - Similar Threads - Why headset chat

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  4. why is my headset chat mixer greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my headset chat mixer greyed out: why is my headset chat mixer greyed out i have a palm beach playstation headset it was working with my old headset but not with this one the chat mixer is greyed out...
  5. Why is the headset chat mixer locked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the headset chat mixer locked?: I've tried restarting and resetting my xbox however it is still locked. I have already tried googling some solutions, but had no luck. I have tried my headset and another pair of earphones, and...
  6. Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?: This happened recently and I have tried everything to fix it, including updating my controller but it does nothing at all. I even tried using a different headset, Same problem. I want to be able...
  7. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  8. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  9. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...
  10. Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?: It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move. efdbb4ec-9132-48db-8aa2-6209f598a8f9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset fajt mixer greyed.out