Why is my headset audio reversed?

Discus and support Why is my headset audio reversed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Both sides of my headset's audio is mixed. For example a sound effect goes on to my left but my my headset picks it up as my right and vise versa with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DRRichtofen161, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Why is my headset audio reversed?

Both sides of my headset's audio is mixed. For example a sound effect goes on to my left but my my headset picks it up as my right and vise versa with my other ear piece. I got a new controller a couple days ago but it worked just fine with my headset until today. It also works fine for YouTube and streaming apps. It mixes up in games for some reason I tried all my games and all had my audio mixed. I'm very confused on why this happened. It isn't me just not having my headset on wrong it's made to tell and feel like it's on wrong. I've played around with all the audio settings but nothing helped.

:)

DRRichtofen161, Nov 29, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi DRRichtofen161,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you are getting irregularities from your Headset. Let me see how I can assist you with tis concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

Are you using the Xbox Wireless Controller or a third party-controller?

Have you updated the controller?

Please see these article for the troubleshooting steps that may help us with your concern.

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

These additional articles may help

Set up and configure your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

Connect a compatible headset | Xbox Support

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. cdwebb0 Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Audio Cutting Out

Why would factory resetting my console have anything to do with my headset audio cutting out after a recent headset update?! Im not resetting my console…
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Official xbox one mic not working with discord

it wont work via bluetooth as the controller does not pass audio vie bluetooth.

wired then it technically should pic the headset up as a usb audio device. i normally use either a turtlebeach 3.5mm headset or my mobile phone headset.

not sure why it wont work over usb though.
  6. OA wantedkiller Win User

Headset's directional audio is reversed. NEED HELP

Are those headset all wireless or wired?

If it's wired I think it could be a Continuity problem within the wiring. Try swapping are the cable or different port
Thema:

1. Why is my headset audio reversed? - Similar Threads - Why headset audio

2. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  3. Why is my headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my headset not working: Hi I bought this ear force recon chat headset it dosent work in my Xbox controller but if i plug it in a different controller it works also if i plug in a different headset it works on my...
  4. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  7. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  8. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  9. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  10. Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my dpad controlling my headset audio: [mod removed - personal information] 4f10801b-3309-4bc0-b1c9-b8c5f865a905