Why is my gaming laptop suddenly lagging?

Discus and support Why is my gaming laptop suddenly lagging? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this started a week ago or so. My laptop started having these short sudden fps drops. At first I noticed them while playing Witcher 3 but now it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VaclavVit, Jan 5, 2023.

1. VaclavVit
    VaclavVit Guest

So this started a week ago or so. My laptop started having these short sudden fps drops. At first I noticed them while playing Witcher 3 but now it affects watching videos and even me writing. I emphasize that those drops are really short (0.2s I guess). I checked task manager and it showed no component being used extensively. Checked temperature. Again no issue. So I decided to reinstall the laptop thinking that malware or other virus might be causing this. It changed nothing.
    These are my laptop specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-10500H
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
    RAM: 16GB - consists of: 8GB Kingston DDR4
    8GB SK Hynix DDR4-3200
    The stuttering didn't start after inserting the second RAM just for clearance.
    Storage drive: SSD Kingston OM8PCP3512F-AI1 (M.2 - 0.5TB)

Any advice is appreciable.

:)

VaclavVit, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

So you're saying you had this issue before you inserted the additional 8GB RAM? It's also not a good idea to mix different RAM modules, even if they claim to be the same speed/specs. Best to use the same exact pairs from the same manufacturer.

While PC gamers use these forums, they're mostly for Xbox users. You're not going to get a great number of replies here. Might be better to post your issue on a dedicated PC hardware forum like Steam or LTT (linus Tech Tips) forums.
  3. MessiahBrowny Win User

Xbox One Twitch streaming delay?

I dont get lag but if i watch my stream from laptop am 1 min behind why
  4. LiveJOKER ACE Win User

Always Die When Playing Online Via Xbox Live

when you lag do you have your laptop open or are other people using the internet as well?

Most of the time I lag when my laptop is on, but when it's off no lag at all.
  5. Adam Sheetz Win User

my laptop suddenly slow

Hello SANDEEP S, thank you for reaching out to us.
    To help you troubleshoot the issue, I need more Information about the problem. Please tell me:

1. What were you doing when the slowdown happened? Was it during a specific task, or did it seem random?

2.What are the symptoms of the slowdown? Is it taking longer to open programs, is it laggy, or is everything slow?

3. Have you made any recent changes to your laptop, such as installing new software or updating Windows?

4.what are the specifications of your laptop? Knowing the operating system. CPU, RAM, and storage type can help narrow down potential causes.

I will be waiting for your updates.
    Best regards,
    Adam.
  6. Muhammad Usman Mitha Win User

Can I somehow play Minecraft with an Xbox 360 remote on my laptop

It is Java Edition and when I use it with mods my laptop lags.

That is why I prefer not using mods while playing Minecraft(with Optifine to speed it up).

Thank you anyways.
Thema:

1. Why is my gaming laptop suddenly lagging? - Similar Threads - Why gaming laptop

2. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...
  3. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my laptop download stuff 10x faster than my gaming pc?: i got max 3mb p/s download speed with and avg of around 2 on my pc yet 20+ on my laptop. my laptop is a LENOVO_MT_20R6_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L13 Yoga and the wifi adapter thing for my pc is...
  6. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  7. Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my laptop disconnect from charger while playing a game?: I've gotten a new laptop charger and every time I try to play a specific game, Teardown, it disconnects from the charger. It disconnects for a few seconds, slowing the game in the process. It does...
  8. My Laptop Keep Lagging In Games I don't Know Why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Laptop Keep Lagging In Games I don't Know Why??: When Ever I play a Game No matter what type of game low graphics games or High Graphics Game it's lagging I am Cleaning Up my Laptop Every Week(Recycle Bin, Temp files, Unwanted Files, etc..) I...
  9. Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my partner's laptop stopped being able to play Ark survival (pc game pass) all of a...: Currently play ark survival on pc, we play using the game pass (so xbox servers) my partner's laptop is much better than mine and plays it perfectly fine on high graphics. And we have our own...
  10. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?: Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11. my laptop which I...