Why is my game saying my settings are restricting me?

Discus and support Why is my game saying my settings are restricting me? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a problem where when trying to play rocket league custom trainings, it pulls up an xbox menu saying “you cannot see content other people make... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zach _685, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Zach _685
    Zach _685 Guest

I have a problem where when trying to play rocket league custom trainings, it pulls up an xbox menu saying “you cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up” and tells me to change my settings. However, I have checked my settings multiple times and there are no restrictions set, and I even cleared old account data and uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Don’t know what’s wrong with it.

:)

Zach _685, Jan 11, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

The message you are seeing, "you cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up," suggests that there may be a restriction set on your Xbox Live account that is preventing you from accessing custom training content in Rocket League.

Go to the "Privacy & online safety" page in your Xbox Live account settings and ensure that the settings are set to allow content sharing. Check the settings for "You can share content you make" and "You can see content others make".

Make sure your Xbox Live account is in good standing and doesn't have any active suspensions or enforcement actions that would prevent you from accessing certain features.

Make sure you are signed in with the correct Xbox Live account. Sometimes, when you switch accounts or sign out, you'll see such messages.

Check if your Xbox Live subscription is valid and active. Some features of the games require Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass.

Try to clear your Xbox's cache, restart your console and see if it helps.

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game again.
  3. PetrusPakarinen Win User

AoE2: DE User Privilege Error

I'm not in any family group, it still says I have restricted access and should change it in my settings. There isn't any setting that helps me in this. Any way to fix this
  4. Spizz5 Win User

Adding a game exception for an Indie game

Have family acct. My son can't get the indie games to have an exception with the family restrictions on. Why are the security setting so cludgey?
  5. TemperedYeti Win User

Cannot Access/Change Xbox Windows 10 Online Safety Settings?

I have done this, still no effect.

I downloaded the app, and all of the restrictions on my main account are set to off.

No screen time restriction

Content restriction - 18+

All other settings - Everyone/Unfiltered.

I'm still getting in-game messages saying I cannot access online content due to my profile privacy settings

I have also tried going back via the webpage, but still get the same message when trying to alter the Windows 10 settings
  6. Presti71 Win User

This is absurd! What are we paying money for?!

Ok i found it but this is weird. My wireless 802.11 settings only give allow me B & G even though the manual for my router shows other settings that i should be allowed to choose including N! WTF?!

I dont get it, why is my actual router settings different and more restrictive than the manual?!
Thema:

1. Why is my game saying my settings are restricting me? - Similar Threads - Why game saying

2. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  3. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  4. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  5. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  6. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  7. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  8. Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?: [mod removed - personal information] 2f3488e0-88b5-47a4-9fc8-d95fe203566f
  9. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  10. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...