Why is my game crashing on certain games

Discus and support Why is my game crashing on certain games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would be in a game for a bit then get kicked back to the home screen edb7c295-6410-4e16-a718-5a786a4d1ff7 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fa’asisina Fasia Mane, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Why is my game crashing on certain games

I would be in a game for a bit then get kicked back to the home screen

:)

Fa’asisina Fasia Mane, Mar 23, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select the game title, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. DryestFiber Win User

Arkham origins keeps crashing on series x

The game just crashed, i'm starting to think that the game itself is the problem, it only crashes during certain sequences.

My console runs all the other games without any problem
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (console exclusive of the year)...

Love it, loved this game on the Amiga so much, my copy always used to crash at a certain point :)
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox one X game crashes.

I'm sorry to hear that. My One X crashes sometimes too and closes the game out and puts me back on the dashboard but it only seems to happen during certain games. How many different games have you tried this with, that makes it crash?
  6. DownTilt Win User

Xbox crashes certain games

Something smells off about whoever is doing these repairs
Thema:

1. Why is my game crashing on certain games - Similar Threads - Why game crashing

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  4. Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?: I open the Xbox App on my PC and run a game via Cloud Gaming after 5/10 minutes of running/playing, the game crashes (closes entirely) with no warning or prompt. The game is downloaded and fully...
  5. All of my games are crashing and I dont know why.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my games are crashing and I dont know why.: All of my games are crashing and I don't know why. I have a 3070, 13600kf, 650 watt psu, 32gb 3600mhz (XMP Enabled), Aio water cooler, 2 ssds and a m.2. I get no warning of crash it just instantly...
  6. Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal: Fortntie is the only game that crashes on my Xbox. I’ve tried to re-install, clear saved data, clear persistent storage, hard reset, taken it for a service and baisicly everything else. I play on...
  7. Why does my game crash after 30 seconds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash after 30 seconds?: I recently updated my game pass mobile app for android and my games now crash after 30 seconds. I've been using the service for over a year with no issues. I've restarted my phone, cleared...
  8. Why is my Xbox Series X crashing on high quality Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X crashing on high quality Games.: I have had the Xbox series x for the past year. Ever since I switched over from a Xbox One S, I noticed it crashes alot on high graphics games such as, Forza horizon 5, Forza Motorsports, Call of...
  9. why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the only game crashing is fortnite? (crashes at the enter screen when u have to...: everytime i try and play fortnite it kicks me out when i have to press a to start i can hear the sound then it lags and i get kicked and, i tried hard restarting it, i factory reset, deleted the...
  10. Why does my game crash when my steering wheel is plugged in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash when my steering wheel is plugged in?: I have an Xbox series s and a Thrusmaster Ferrari 458 spider steering wheel which I’ve had for a few years. I am trying to load the game snowrunner and it all works perfectly fine normally....