Why is my download speed so slow? - Xbox Game Pass on PC

Discus and support Why is my download speed so slow? - Xbox Game Pass on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing slow download speed, slow at a point that it has peaks of only 100-150kb/s then it randomly stops for several seconds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LeonardoB_1, Nov 16, 2022.

1. LeonardoB_1
    LeonardoB_1 Guest

Hello,

I have been experiencing slow download speed, slow at a point that it has peaks of only 100-150kb/s then it randomly stops for several seconds and then it starts again with the same super slow speed.

I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 5: from 0 to about 16GB the download speed is 3/4MB, but when I download about 16GB it slows down.

I have tried many guides on YT, here in the community, Reddit and other websites but nothing has helped so far.

Anyone has the same problem?

Thank You

:)

LeonardoB_1, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello LeonardoB_1,

We appreciate all the details you have shared.

1. Do you mind launching your Microsoft Store and installing Minecraft Launcher? Please include Microsoft Solitaire and Microsoft Sudoku, these games are free to install from Microsoft Store. You do not need to purchase a license. This is for isolation of the issue only.
    2. Do you mind sending us the Xbox app and gaming services version? Please locate and check it through Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    3. Kindly submit a bug to Team Xbox too, please follow the steps below:
    Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

We will wait for your update.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi LeonardoB_1,

Thanks for providing the details.

So, we consulted our Internal Support Team regarding this concern and their suggestion is to for you to contact your Internet Speed Provider (ISP). I think we have a discussion on that which slow download speeds by reading the phrase itself could be caused a little in our hardware/software side. Since, the file is heavy and even downloads may even take 2-3 days without interruption based on the experience of few customers.

In contacting your ISP, you may ask for data caps, possible reduction of download speed in your area and daily download speed/Mb limit. If you think it is not really working even by hearing news from them. You may attempt to download big titles like Halo, Microsoft Flight Simulator or Gears and see if the problem also happens with those games. Perhaps, you can have another PC to test this out or even download the game from console.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,

4. LeonardoB_1 Win User

Hello Kathy,

The box for TCP/IPv6 box for my connection (both with ethernet cable or wifi) was already checked.

The issue still persist even after updating the app just 10 minutes ago.

I have also recently downloaded a game with another game platform and speed was normal.

Also downloaded some files from websites and speed was normal.

I decided to not create a secondary account on my PC but I still don't understand why from the start of the download to around 16GB the speed is ok but then drastically drops, maybe this can help isolate the problem?

Thank you
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi LeonardoB_1,

Thanks for your reply.

Moving towards our goal to install Forza Horizon 5 in your laptop using Xbox app. We will suggest few troubleshooting you can perform in your computer, and you may skip those steps you already did.

(This is in reference to the troubleshooting not available on this support article - Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows)

1. Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
    2. Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    3. Run System File Checker and DISM Tool

In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.

Copy the command below one line at a time and paste it on Command Prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow
    4. In-Place Upgrade

Kindly go to this link - Download Windows 10

Please select the + to see the steps or check video instruction here - How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide.

Choose "Download now".

Under Privacy, number 5 please make sure to select Keep personal files and apps. Otherwise, do not continue!

[​IMG]

Follow up questions:

1. May we know if you have tried checking Windows Store (Microsoft Store) and see if you can continue the download through that there?
    2. Are you part of Xbox Insider or PC Insider?
    3. Was the game stored on Drive C or other hard drive?
    Let us know how it went. We will wait for your reply.

Regards,

6. LeonardoB_1 Win User

Hello Kathy,

1. Downloaded all of them from the store as you instructed, speed was fine.

2. These are my app versions

8.71.12001.0 (Servizi giochi) (translates to Game Services)

5.822.10271.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

3. Done, title of the feedback is "[Xbox Forum] Slow download speed Forza Horizon 5 on PC"

I will be removing the few downloaded GBs of Forza Horizon 5 from my PC as the game is unplayable since I still can't finish the download.

Unfortunately my interest dropped and I will no longer be downloading the game.

Hope that this thread and any potential solution after my feedback could help the community.

Thank You
Thema:

1. Why is my download speed so slow? - Xbox Game Pass on PC - Similar Threads - Why download speed

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  5. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  6. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...
  7. Why is my xbox one download speed low?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one download speed low?: When I test network speed and statistics on my xbox one, it shows the download speed <100Mbps. I connect the xbox one to the router using a cat 6 cable. My Internet connection is 1000Mbps. How...
  8. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1
  9. Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Game and update download speeds so slow?: I literally just ran a speed test through xbox. And it clocked in at 437mb/s. Why is a game update only loading at less than 30mbps? Its stuck at kbps now. Great c5d692de-3091-4666-8e83-66b272431761
  10. Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox X only have WiFi download speed of around 230mbps when I have 400mbps wifi?: I've checked my WiFi multiple times and the lowest I get is 400mbps download and 66 upload speeds. When I try to download games on my Xbox the max download speed I've seen fluctuates between...