why is my controller constantly disconnecting?!

Discus and support why is my controller constantly disconnecting?! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Losing my patience i bought a new controller as my previous one had bad stick drift.. this controller works fine but i first noticed every few hrs it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redactedx-x, Aug 25, 2022.

1. redactedx-x
    redactedx-x Guest

Losing my patience i bought a new controller as my previous one had bad stick drift.. this controller works fine but i first noticed every few hrs it would randomly disconnect and reconnect but now it seems as if every 15 minutes it disconnects and i dont how to fix this issue as i cant return the controller. the controller is updated and i tried resynching it to the console but still nothing... please dont advise me to factory reset my series x as i have done it countless times in the past with it not fixing my issue.

:)

redactedx-x, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Cole Diggins Win User

Okay so i had this happened to the point they sent me a new series x and it has continued, here are my findings. I have obsessed over this. Okay so if you wire in a controller, but use a wireless headset, Id bet you cash money the disconnection problem happens even though youre wired in. The solution I've found is that my roomate has a bluetooth reciever he plugs into his trucks aux port. When his truck is the only car in the lot we can replicate the problem over and over, the second we unplug that reciver in his truck it wont happen. Could this be happening to you?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Do you have another console in order to connect and test the controller from there?

Or you can use a mobile phone or PC for this purpose
  4. redactedx-x Win User

i dont have anything to plug into the controller to make it wired.
  5. redactedx-x Win User

? no this is during gameplay i will be using the controller and it randomly disconnects...
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this REDACTEDX-X

Xbox controllers are turned off automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.
    Right now there is no option to disable automatic turn off
Thema:

1. why is my controller constantly disconnecting?! - Similar Threads - why controller constantly

2. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  3. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Why wont my controller work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my controller work: My controller worked normally untill today i tryed to turn it on and didnt work the light came on and i tryed to plug it in and it plugged in but still dosnt work , when trying to connect it it...
  6. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  7. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  8. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  9. why won't my controller work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't my controller work?: my controller will not work with minecraft. 2e4cb778-3a95-4135-abf7-2f8e4a9d12ca
  10. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...