Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my...

Discus and support Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently I changed my Xbox user-name and now when I load a backwards compatible 360 game, I get a message saying, "Sorry, this profile can't connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethan JamesCR, May 23, 2023.

1. Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my...

I recently I changed my Xbox user-name and now when I load a backwards compatible 360 game, I get a message saying, "Sorry, this profile can't connect to Xbox Live on this console. To fix it, download it again." I chatted with an Xbox Ambassador and was told to

Go to Settings->System->Storage, click on "Clear local 360 storage. After that start any 360 game and it will re-download the new account. I did this but get the exact same result. Any tips?

I dont want to have to lose all my save data as its alot of hours wasted.

:)

Ethan JamesCR, May 23, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my gamertag?

Hi,Ethan! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes clearing the 360 cacche and redownloading your 360 peofile is the way to fix that after a GT change.

It is pretty weird seeing it not working. Can you please try deleting your account´s cache on the current gen?

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.

4. Close.

Power Cycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

After that, try to play your retrocompatible games again
  3. MizzezP85 Win User

Spider man game not on Xbox one

This game is not currently backwards compatible. Based on my understanding of how the Series X is going to work, it should be playable on that system. For now you will need an Xbox 360.
  4. oxHARMONxo Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live 360 error code 8015190E

Update:

I randomly tried connecting my series X to backwards compatibility this morning. It just downloaded my account and I’m now signed in on the 360 servers!

If you are having issues, it might be worth checking out your connection now.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Can you provide Xbox One Backwards Compatibility for Cars Race-O-Rama?

Xbox has put the backwards compatibility program on hold until after the launch of the Series X (at least that's my theory) there is more that goes into making a game backwards compatible, too though.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Series X claims four generations backwards compatibility

I think the level of backwards and forwards compatibility with Xbox Series X is a fantastic bonus. Knowing that my current controllers with work on Series X is just as important to me as backwards compatibility is. So having both of things available is
    just brilliant!
Thema:

Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my...

1. Why is my backwards compatible game not signing in on my xbox series X, now ive changed my... - Similar Threads - Why backwards compatible

2. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  3. Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??

in XboX Insiders
    Why won’t Xbox add Lego Star Wars 1 to the backwards compatibility list??: I’ve been wanting them to do this for a while but Xbox hasn’t done it. I want the original Lego Star Wars game to be added to the backwards compatibility games list. Just that game really nothing...
  4. why arnt some games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why arnt some games backwards compatible: I'm trying to play batman arkham asylum and city on a series x and it's not backwards compatible. I don't understand why tho seeing as there is all the other batman games added. I know they have...
  5. Why isn't splatterhouse for 360 backward compatible for Xbox 1

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't splatterhouse for 360 backward compatible for Xbox 1: Would really like to play splatterhouse for xbox 360 on my Xbox 1 since I just paid 40 bucks for it but apparently not all 360 games are compatible to play. It's depressing and a waste of money....
  6. Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the backwards compatible games show up in owned games?: So I've wondered for a long time, why hasn't at least most of my digital Xbox 360 games transferred over to my Xbox one s. For example, Gta V(xbox 360 Edition), i had that on the Xbox 360 and that...
  7. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible: So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially...
  8. Why not allow us to request OG Xbox games for backwards compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why not allow us to request OG Xbox games for backwards compatibility?: Basically title… personally, I’m disappointed that I cannot load DND heroes, the shrek games, or even the lil Zapper game. There were too many fun games that are getting passed up and forgotten....
  9. Why cant i download my account on backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i download my account on backwards compatible games: It says that im not connected to xbox live yet it is 21f97af8-c72c-443a-8e99-350f377afec9
  10. Why isnt gun backwards compatible? It should be

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isnt gun backwards compatible? It should be: I have the disc but cant play it. This game is a classic. Was so disappointed. 87fc1348-18c0-4d3b-8fd3-1a552c53a803