Why is my Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc not working on my Xbox One S?

Discus and support Why is my Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc not working on my Xbox One S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the steel book edition for Assassins Creed 3 for Xbox 360 and it comes with 1 Assassin's Creed 3 disc, one assassins creed 1 disc and a sound... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adam_114, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Adam_114
    Adam_114 Guest

I bought the steel book edition for Assassins Creed 3 for Xbox 360 and it comes with 1 Assassin's Creed 3 disc, one assassins creed 1 disc and a sound track disc.

I have tried the Assassin's Creed 1 disc, and it worked on my Xbox One S, but the Assassin's Creed 3 disc didn't work.

I don't know how to fix it but i have also tried other methods to fix it such as a full power cycle, but it still reads as this game is not playable even though it is mentioned by other people that this game is backwards compatible but it is not for me. I have tried a lot of ways to get it to work but its not working.

How do I get it to work?

:)

Adam_114, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Bruhhammer Win User

Assassins creed backwards compatibly

Yes the disc is spotless clean i dont know why it wont work other backwards compatible games from the original xbox and 360 work on it just not assassins creed. (Also the disc still works for my 360.)
  3. foreigntrees Win User

No BC discs are recognized

I went through every troubleshooting step as well with support staff, all the way through resetting to factory defaults, and nothing worked. I have tried Jurassic Park, Lost Odyssey, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 -- none worked. All
    discs test fine in my Xbox 360 and all Xbox One discs are working fine on my One, so the respective disc drives seem to be functioning as usual.

Interestingly, Disc 2 of Lost Odyssey was at least somewhat recognized because it gave the "this disc is not compatible" error. Disc 1 (the proper one to use for installing) just does nothing.
  4. Adam_114 Win User

Ok, I'll get back to you as soon as I can
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Adam
    Would be great in this case if you test the disc on another console as soon as possible

Sometimes even if the disc doesn’t have visual signs of damage, it can be damaged
  6. Adam_114 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Yes, this game is backwards compatible if you have the disc.
    Exists the possibility that your current copy is damaged.

May I know if you tried cleaning carefully the disc?
    Or insert the disc to another Xbox console to see if the issue persist?
    Or if you have a different copy of the game, please use that instead
    The disc doesnt have any damage nor visual signs of it (carefully)

I havent inserted the disc into another xbox but maybe the owner before me did i havent asked him because a bought it from someone

And I only have this one copy of the disc due to it being from the steelbook edition it includes only one copy of the game
Thema:

1. Why is my Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 disc not working on my Xbox One S? - Similar Threads - Why Assassin's Creed

2. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  3. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  4. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  7. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  8. Why is Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not installing properly?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not installing properly?: I have tried to installed Valhalla twice and it always stopped at 99%. No matter what I do, it doesn't install properly. 15945a6b-9c36-433e-99ef-2e01229892c5
  9. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  10. why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?: i bought ubisoft plus to play assassins creed mirage as it was advertised that you could play but all i can do is download the deluxe packs not the actual game, can anyone help?...